Recommend a garmin

mcowan77
mcowan77 Posts: 560
Hi

Im thinking about buying a garminnto help with my training.

Don't want to spend to much
Any advice much appreciated

Ta

Comments

• sharky1029
    sharky1029 Posts: 188
    I have an edge 500 (no other sensors for it though) and it is great. It has fully customisable displays with up to 8 fields on each page and can show sugar crumb routes, elevation profiles and even give directions for a route uploaded to it (to get directions use http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx and select give course point warnings with prefix and download the .TCX file and select the route before going)
    It has the option of HR, cadence and power meters using ANT+.
    I also recommend that you upload your rides to strava as you can see how you improve on segments and compete against others even if you don't feel competitive to begin with you will start having intermediate sprints on most of your rides.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Edge 500 with HR and speed/cadence for £150 from Amazon is all you need. Program workouts/intervals on GarminConnect site, upload and follow courses, ride against a virtual partner, analyse rides on Strava, RidewithGPS and GoldenCheetah, use indoors with a turbo trainer. Up to 5 pages of customisable data screens, settings for 3 bikes, mounts for 2, long battery life between charges, decent screen with good backlight, waterproof, rugged and compact design. Need I go on? :)