newbie from north lincs. which bike??????

melvyn8181
melvyn8181 Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi.
im reletively new to mountain biking. Been doing a bit on my hardtail boardman but now would like to upgrade to a full susser.
My budget is £1300 ish.
Anyone got any recomendations.
It needs to be able to tackle trails like dalby forest etc aswell as qaurrys and just general tracks but also needs to be able to cope with the odd jump/drop.
I quite like the boardman fs pro in halfords.
Any others anyone? ???

Comments

• Yacoby
    Yacoby Posts: 211
    melvyn8181 wrote:
    Hi.
    im reletively new to mountain biking. Been doing a bit on my hardtail boardman but now would like to upgrade to a full susser.
    My budget is £1300 ish.
    Anyone got any recomendations.
    It needs to be able to tackle trails like dalby forest etc aswell as qaurrys and just general tracks but also needs to be able to cope with the odd jump/drop.
    I quite like the boardman fs pro in halfords.
    Any others anyone? ???

Canyon also do some good value FS XC bikes in your price range. Never ridden one but everyone seems to rate them. Maybe worth checking out.
  • gjt
    gjt Posts: 38
    Hi there, +1 for a Canyon.

This one is slightly outside your price range (probably about £1420 with delivery) but I think you'll be hard pushed to find a better spec for the money.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes ... tml?b=3026

I've got a Canyon Nerve XC 8 which uses the same frame as the above and have nothing but good things to say about it. Some people worry about the direct selling method that Canyon use but it worked for me with the Nerve and I've also bought a new roadbike from them this year. In terms of not trying before you buy it's unavoidable (although I've heard they are opening a showroom in London, not sure if this is true or not) but they offer a 30 day return period and the sizing guide on their website works really well (both my Canyons fit perfectly). If bikes are in stock they take about 2 weeks to be delivered.

I've also heard good things about Rose (also German and direct sale) but have never had a chance to ride one of their bikes.

Good luck and happy shopping