New potential for trails in Sussex

Ben03
Ben03 Posts: 35
edited April 2013 in Routes
Found an interesting article about the Ashdown Forest and looking for alternative places for recreation to relieve pressure on the Forest: http://www.jab-ride.co.uk/ashdown-forest-a-closed-book/

Could this mean getting a new trial centre? If bikers show their interest in this we may be onto something...
www.jab-ride.co.uk - South East MTB News, Photo, Film, Forums.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Too many trail centres already. I can't stand the places.
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    You wouldn't say that if you lived in Kent.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • rockmonkeysc
    I would. Trail centres are just dull. What's fun about queuing up behind all the Zesty's and Fives to ride a five minute section of trail where you inevitably catch up with someone in a Troy Lee jersey riding incredibly slowly and they won't let you past then you repeat again for the next section.
    This is my experience of Afan, Cwmcarn, Ashton Court, Forest of Dean and Cannock Chase.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I would. Trail centres are just dull. What's fun about queuing up behind all the Zesty's and Fives to ride a five minute section of trail where you inevitably catch up with someone in a Troy Lee jersey riding incredibly slowly and they won't let you past then you repeat again for the next section.
    This is my experience of Afan, Cwmcarn, Ashton Court, Forest of Dean and Cannock Chase.
    But not everyone is a magnificently awesome riding god like you.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    cooldad wrote:

I'm not fast at all but trail centres seem to be full of people who have absolutely no ability to ride.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Or the people who ride the same speed as you will never catch you, nor you catch them. You will only ever catch the slower people.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    cooldad wrote:

I'm not fast at all but trail centres seem to be full of people who have absolutely no ability to ride.
    I kind of agree but it's not hard to just wait at the top for 5 minutes and let people set off down. It's only where the section lengths are too long between break areas that it gets to me, because people can sometimes take 8-10 minutes to do a section i would normally do in 4.