Canyon CF SLX 7

400ajb
400ajb Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
8661898456_1318351267.jpg

2013 CF SLX 7.0 arrived this morning after a long wait!

8661897552_6d97d7b8d4.jpg

8661892730_991cd7fdb3.jpg

8661893872_0e0c2cca8c.jpg

8661895956_d634339487.jpg

8660790035_87066eb1b2.jpg

only been for a quick spin round the block, first impressions are positive1

Comments

• Nice!
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    very nice indeed

needs better (outdoor) pics though!

once you've got some more time on it come back and tell us all about it
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Very stealth, I prefer that to the white ones 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Beautiful, the stealth looks awesome. Good to see they're finally shipping, June can't come quick enough.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Absolute beauty - I've got the 7 Di2 due any day now. In white though; feel like the stealth trend is a bit too prevalent to be stealthy!

I actually think the way they've pictured the stealth model on the Canyon website undersells it as the black stickers look overly shiny - yours looks much nicer. LOVE the exposed carbon wrap by the BB!

EDIT: can I ask, what size is that? Smaller one?
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Wow - what a great bike!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    Magic!

Please take a day off & go out on a ride, then tell us how GOOD it is! :mrgreen:

Many Thanks

P.S Yes, what size is it? I've ordered a small. Cheers
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    That looks stunning mate. I would say that though, I have the same bike on order only in black & white. How is the Finnish on the bike? Are you entirely happy with it?
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • 400ajb
    Hi, got a chance to take a better photo outside
    8663898636_aed59a11c5.jpg
    8662804233_0e7696c2a7.jpg
    Its a medium by the way. The finish is excellent, mainly looks to be unidirectional cf, with some areas of woven cf around some areas i.e the bb and the top of the seat tube. As someone mentioned the black detailing is matte, and not shiny at all like on the website. First proper ride tomorrow :D
  • Skerryman
    They do look better in the wild than the pics on the site. Did you find the sizing Canyon recommended to be accurate? Would you mind divulging your height etc. Only ask cos I too have a medium ordered, I'm about 5 foot 11, so hoping it'll be right for me when it eventually arrives.
  • chigman
    Skerryman wrote:
    They do look better in the wild than the pics on the site. Did you find the sizing Canyon recommended to be accurate? Would you mind divulging your height etc. Only ask cos I too have a medium ordered, I'm about 5 foot 11, so hoping it'll be right for me when it eventually arrives.

I was about to ask the op the same questions about size etc. Would be good to know so we can compare. Must say the bike looks awesome now you have some pics in the outdoors - looks really impressive to say the least and now cant wait to take delivery of mine. 8)

Let us know how it rides tomorrow wont you - warts and all. :shock:

Steve
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • 400ajb
    I'm also 5ft 11. Its the second bike i've had from canyon and used the PPS both times and both bikes seem to fit well. Will be interesting to see how different it is to my old bike which was an ultimate cf 9 from 2011
  • Skerryman
    400ajb wrote:
    I'm also 5ft 11. Its the second bike i've had from canyon and used the PPS both times and both bikes seem to fit well. Will be interesting to see how different it is to my old bike which was an ultimate cf 9 from 2011

Thanks for that, that's reassuring anyway. I also noticed the one of the Katusha riders who rides the SLX was the same height and rides a Medium so hopefully it fits well. Let us know how the maiden voyage goes and enjoy, once again beautiful steed
  • chigman
    400ajb wrote:

I am just under 5' 10". Do you reckon the medium will be a good fit for me with an inseam of 82cm?
    Cheers.

Steve
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • joelau
    joelau Posts: 3
    I wonder whether Canyon waived the delivery charge and the box? Cause we waited for too too long!!
  • chigman
    joelau wrote:
    I wonder whether Canyon waived the delivery charge and the box? Cause we waited for too too long!!

Well I'm going to get at them about this waiver as well - as of Monday.

Steve
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    Looking sweet, hoping mine turns up in week 19.....

Hope you have a great ride :-)
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    chigman wrote:
    400ajb wrote:

I am just under 5' 10". Do you reckon the medium will be a good fit for me with an inseam of 82cm?
    Cheers.

Steve

I'm virtually the same as you, and my bike fitter was a "certainly not" on a small. Medium all the way. Unless of course you want massive amounts of seat post and a longer stem.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very nice...
  • chigman
    Low-fi wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    400ajb wrote:

Cheers.

Steve

I'm virtually the same as you, and my bike fitter was a "certainly not" on a small. Medium all the way. Unless of course you want massive amounts of seat post and a longer stem.

Cheers for that 8)

Steve
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    400ajb wrote:
    First proper ride tomorrow :D

*ahem*

:D
  • 400ajb
    So first impressions were good, ride quality seems improved over my previous ultimate cf, less road buzz. Bottom bracket feels stiff, good acceleration with out of the saddle efforts. Feels really planted when on fast decents. Have now got a standard double chainset which is taking a little getting used to compared to the compact i used to run, but overall really pleased, just need to make a few position adjustments and it'll be spot on :D
  • chigman
    400ajb wrote:
    So first impressions were good, ride quality seems improved over my previous ultimate cf, less road buzz. Bottom bracket feels stiff, good acceleration with out of the saddle efforts. Feels really planted when on fast decents. Have now got a standard double chainset which is taking a little getting used to compared to the compact i used to run, but overall really pleased, just need to make a few position adjustments and it'll be spot on :D

All sounding good then. :D Cheers for that. 8)
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    8) 8)
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Nice. Looks like the KTM. Exactly like the KTM in fact.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • chigman
    Nice. Looks like the KTM. Exactly like the KTM in fact.

Very very similar. The top tube on the KTM looks a little different to me though but, apart from that......
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid