The un-necessary challenge

barrybridges
barrybridges Posts: 420
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
I've been given £25 of Amazon vouchers and I'd like to put these towards buying something on my bike (am happy to pay a bit more than this).

I'd quite like - given I'm not really paying as it were and have nothing particular that I need - to buy something which in a normal day would be absolutely ridiculous and something I could never justify spending money on. Something a bit amusing, but not twattish, if you know what I mean. I don't mind if it's quite funny.

For example, I saw some carbon fibre inner tube caps (seriously). Clearly, you'd have to be a bit sad to actually buy these on a day-to-day basis, but for £15, it's an amusing purchase.

Is there anything I could get for £25 (or maybe a bit more) which you think might qualify for this? As I said, the rules are:

Must be less than £40
Must actually have a good practical use (e.g. wouldn't want to get furry dice or anything stupid)
Must be a bit bling/unnecessary/OTT

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Carbon bottle cage? A 'freebie' would be the only reason in the world why I would 'pay' £30 to save 5g :)
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    Carbon bottle cage? A 'freebie' would be the only reason in the world why I would 'pay' £30 to save 5g :)

Good idea. I hadn't thought of that.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    How about some items to maintain your bike - a can of bike polish and a luxury mitt?!