Forum home Mountain biking forum Your pics and vids

And people say thetfords boring!

spankonespankone Posts: 76
edited April 2013 in Your pics and vids
http://youtu.be/95kyxA8TXX8

hacked together some footage from Thetford, I've been before and found it slow flat and boring. but open up the taps and there's fun to be had.

Posts

  • Sorry fell asleep. :P
  • IhateDNSIhateDNS Posts: 380
    edited February 2013
    Looks flat
    Is the MSG layout any good?
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • its very flat, you just have to make the most of it by going flat out
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    I guess for roadies doing the MSG race it can seem more fun than riding on roads, but thats about it.
    Kids riding there from centreparcs might find it interesting, but i hate the place!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    Caaaan't stay awake :(
  • concordeconcorde Posts: 1,008
    "censored !! Can't wait to ride that!" said nobody ever!
  • smegg40smegg40 Posts: 75
    Meh,and i thought Sherwood Pines was flat !,nice choice of music though.
  • spankonespankone Posts: 76
    like I said there is some fun to be had.... just not loads :)
  • njee20njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's totally flat, but it's very very fast, so if you're fit enough then it is quite good fun! Not somewhere I'd want to go every weekend, and if you're not fit enough to really keep the speed up the novelty would wear off, but it's not that bad. Not somewhere that needs a big bike either!

    It's like Sherwood, although I think Thetford is better.
  • 97th choice97th choice Posts: 2,305
    Is that a hill I see? no.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

    Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • GraydawgGraydawg Posts: 673
    I think I have moved from MTB Heaven, (Highlands of Scotland) to MTB Hell (East Anglia... flat as f*ck!!!)
    It's been a while...
  • BriggoBriggo Posts: 3,823
    Graydawg wrote:
    I think I have moved from MTB Heaven, (Highlands of Scotland) to MTB Hell (East Anglia... flat as f*ck!!!)

    Yeah you have, suggest you take up roady riding or be prepared for 3hr journeys to the nearest decent MTBing location of the Peak District.

    Oh and Dereham, what on earth possesed you to go there? (A previous resident...)
  • GraydawgGraydawg Posts: 673
    Briggo wrote:
    Graydawg wrote:
    I think I have moved from MTB Heaven, (Highlands of Scotland) to MTB Hell (East Anglia... flat as f*ck!!!)

    Yeah you have, suggest you take up roady riding or be prepared for 3hr journeys to the nearest decent MTBing location of the Peak District.

    Oh and Dereham, what on earth possesed you to go there? (A previous resident...)

    Yeah, I miss hills... I do have a road bike and it's getting plenty of use, but I've been taking the dog out round the byways here so getting 4-5 miles of flat XC so it's giving me enough of a bike fix to keep me ticking over... but miss the thrill of belting down Golspie Wildcat at stupid speeds and dropping off 4' drops and tabletops... but sadly work took me to this area, also need to get in and out of London on regular basis so need decent train links and my GF works in Norwich too so seemed logical. Having said that, I hate the A47. It has to be the worst road I have ever seen! Since moving in January, I have seen 5 fatal crashes here..... I live just off the turn off to Swanton Morley, so it's on the edge of Dereham, I can see the A47 bypass and regularly see ambulances fly down the road! This bit of Dual Carriageway is like whacky races! I saw a nutter roadie riding it yesterday.... f*cking idiot! I would stick to the B roads around here unless you have a death wish!
    It's been a while...
  • TimcrabbTimcrabb Posts: 21
    Thetford a not that bad there's plenty of good parts off piste you've just gotta find them. Plus I've rid with people that have come down from Scotland and have found it hard work because its so fast and flowing
    If in dout hit it flat out!
  • BriggoBriggo Posts: 3,823
    Graydawg wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    Graydawg wrote:
    I think I have moved from MTB Heaven, (Highlands of Scotland) to MTB Hell (East Anglia... flat as f*ck!!!)

    Yeah you have, suggest you take up roady riding or be prepared for 3hr journeys to the nearest decent MTBing location of the Peak District.

    Oh and Dereham, what on earth possesed you to go there? (A previous resident...)

    Yeah, I miss hills... I do have a road bike and it's getting plenty of use, but I've been taking the dog out round the byways here so getting 4-5 miles of flat XC so it's giving me enough of a bike fix to keep me ticking over... but miss the thrill of belting down Golspie Wildcat at stupid speeds and dropping off 4' drops and tabletops... but sadly work took me to this area, also need to get in and out of London on regular basis so need decent train links and my GF works in Norwich too so seemed logical. Having said that, I hate the A47. It has to be the worst road I have ever seen! Since moving in January, I have seen 5 fatal crashes here..... I live just off the turn off to Swanton Morley, so it's on the edge of Dereham, I can see the A47 bypass and regularly see ambulances fly down the road! This bit of Dual Carriageway is like whacky races! I saw a nutter roadie riding it yesterday.... f*cking idiot! I would stick to the B roads around here unless you have a death wish!

    The A47 is the least of your worries although yeah it is a dreadful road. You near the football ground turning then? The town itself is diabolical. Since I lived there 9 years ago (my parents still live there) it's gone downhill fast with the amount of crime/violence and general censored heads who frequent the area and pubs these days.

    Not to mention the lack of a decent town centre anymore, it's full of charity shops however it has Edinburgh Woollen Mill which seems to be doing alright, sorted.

    Norwich/Dereham is in the middle of nowhere so getting out of the county isn't easy and takes forever, the A11 dualing will help to get south but not central to the country, they need to sort out the A47 > A17 and onwards for that.
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    More importantly, how long is the stem and how narrow are those bars?! :shock:

    But yeah Thetford is pretty censored , the red is alright if you can blast it, but after a lap it's pretty censored . I won't be bothering again that's for sure!

Sign In or Register to comment.