Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I could get used to these 3-day working week milarky. Doesn't seem nearly as painful to get up at stupid o'clock for.
Today, my plan is to go to work, then get home and start the packing for Waleshire at the weekend. A trip to Tesco is in order, so I can make it to Proutsters.

That is all.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I'm off to work at the vetty place for the day. Then tennis this evening. Tomorrow is my last day, then I have to settle down to revision properly. I'd really rather not if I'm honest. Anyway, I've nowt more to say really, my day will either be dull or interesting and disgusting like yesterday, who knows eh?!? Don't think I've got any more to add except I wish that I was coming to Wales this weekend but really need to work :roll:

TTFN
  • Morning people

Work as usual, but will be putting a ride in after work, only one more day in then it's our annual Grand National day out were money will be lost and beer will be drunk.

Have fun in Wales this weekend fellas, deffinatley will have to give stiniog a go one day,riding downwards looks like my cup of tea.

Laters
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Morning

Another great sleep aided by cider, wine and kids who are knackered after being out all day!

Today is the beach, early dinner at a decent place (though my turn to drive) and back for more wine - perfect
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' cheesewands,

Work today - with a surprise delivery of another [OBSCURRED] to be inspected and reported on. So, that's the morning dealt with! This afternoon will see me compiling a tender for a European collaboration bid. This really should be my managers job but, bluntly, I can do it better.

When the f**k did I grow up? ....yet another memo I missed!

Onwards! To coffee! And buisness-centric maturity! ...uh...... woot?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Slept like a dead barbecued horse last night after a decent night ride.
    Today i will be mostly fannying about visiting lots of empty buildings while drinking coffee and singing loudly in my work car.
    Tonight i have the delights of putting together all the furniture that should arrive today?

Anywhoo onwards to kettle warming and road rage!

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another nice, bright and sunny morning here so I'll be aiming for an early finish today. Got to pack the car for a trip back to Scotland and maybe try to bag another Stane when I'm there.

Before all that though I have a morning full of meetings I really should be preparing for.

Later......
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladieboys,

Well today, more VAT and intrastat = boring but coffee = good.

Wondering what is the free food today, as i'm still hungry from riding last night, pushed a bit faster last night to start building some fitness back and now im a little sore but its a good sore honest...

Laters
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning abusers,

Hope you guys enjoy the CC trip to Wales, sad I cant do it, but I promised to help some friends out so hopefully see you on the next one...

On a brighter note it is the start of the weekend, this means copious beers down the pub tonight, before this I shall be nailing myself with intervals for an hour or so... then having a sports massage 1st thing Friday.

Onwards to getting drunk quickly, being hungover, then being mauled about by a masseur
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    More gym last night. More gym tonight. All this exercise is making me wakeful at night but at least it distracts me outside of work. The amount of food I am consuming is disgusting the girls in the office (yes I work in an office full of females, 20 of us). Working until 11pm last night. Now trying to work out if I will have time to ride my bike this weekend in between the timetable that my sister has set up for us for marquees, vicar, music, florists etc etc. I am learning what not to do with a wedding (essentially not have one at all).

Formerly broken foot has started aching again so booked in with the physio for some torture next week.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:
    (yes I work in an office full of females, 20 of us). Working until 11pm last night.

the timetable that my sister has set up for us for marquees, vicar, music, florists etc etc. I am learning what not to do with a wedding (essentially not have one at all).

when can I come and visit your office? does it have a p.w and a c in the name? :lol:

and where's the wedding? I used to be a project manager for a hire company and we would provide all those things for events :D
  • MissCMC
    Feel free to drop in whenever. Males in this office don't last long. They tend to be intimidated out of the room. Our MD is male and gets absolutely torn to shreds when he comes over to see us. And no it's not got a p, w or c in the name.

Wedding is out near Usk in September. She has us on a timetable of things to visit and sort this weekend. Most of it is booked, it's just she has to actually look at what she has booked and make final choices on décor and meet the vicar to talk about hymns and readings and whatever else they do. And I have to choose my bridesmaid dress - not sure I want a floral number and I'm definitely not having the flat shoes she is demanding, not looking like I am short and have fat cankles in flat shoes.
  • Thewaylander
    i used to work in an office full of woman, wasn't that bad.. they used to try and make me blush took them a year to get the slightest bit of red on my cheek lol.

And the idea of not having a wedding is the win, i mean how expensive a day for a peice of paper :shock:
  • welshkev
    And the idea of not having a wedding is the win, i mean how expensive a day for a peice of paper :shock:

I've been with the gf 13 years this year and we decided about 6 years ago we weren't getting married. we looked into it. found the venue etc and very nearly booked it. but then realised it was going to cost about 14 grand plus the honeymoon. so we just went to America for 2 weeks instead and had a great holiday :lol:

like you say, it's only a bit of paper at the end of the day. I just think that for most girls it's their chance to be a princess of whatever they think they are for the day :lol:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

Worked till 9pm again yesterday, will probably end up doing so again today. Got up early this morning and went for a 7 mile pootle around some local routes. Arm aches but no pain so that's a bit of woo! yay!

Have shown my cards with new MD and my current Manager, basically telling her exactly what's been going on as quite frankly I've had enough.

Interview tomorrow.
    i used to work in an office full of woman, wasn't that bad.. they used to try and make me blush took them a year to get the slightest bit of red on my cheek lol.

I worked in an office full of French 20 something PAs for nearly two years, it took them about three hours to make me blush.

Weddings can be cheap though, I can't believe people pay so much for one day. Registry office then local pub!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • MissCMC
    We have recently scared off a male admin assistant. A new one is due to start. See how long the room stays away from the men jokes.

Wedding planning - seriously anything which starts with 'W' is a licence to print money. And personally it's not my idea of fun, being at the centre of attention for a day. And the cost of one dress for one days wear!? Eye watering. I'm just glad she is making all the mistakes. And glad that I am definitely not envisaging one of these in my future.

However I will play bridezilla at her own game and make sure that I do not look like the frumpy older sister but will be making sure I get the full works at her expense. Dress, shoes, hair, nails, present, etc etc. And she can't do any exercise at the moment so while I'm hitting the gym and getting fit she is putting on weight. Made me laugh on the weekend that my mum kept telling her to hold her stomach in in the dresses she was trying on.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    . And personally it's not my idea of fun, being at the centre of attention for a day.

However I will play bridezilla at her own game .

nor my gf's. that's why she's not bothered about getting married.

when I saw the show bridezilla advertised I had a Godzilla like monster in a wedding dress image in my head. I was gutted when that wasn't the case :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Afternoon. Another year older today.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    supersonic wrote:
    Afternoon. Another year older today.
    Happy_Birthday1.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    One upping hte bride and she is your sister.. nice CMC i approve..

And happy buffday sonic.. go for a ride :wink:
  • MissCMC
    Definitely out to look good that day! She has put on a fair bit of weight recently and can't do anything about due to injury. And she will be paying for all of my pampering. Sibling rivalry and all that. It's definitely not dead in my family.

Just had a lovely bit of news - one of the fee earners who handed in notice the other week and was due to finish at the end of May is now actually finishing at the end of next week, due to stress. Which means with no one to replace them me and the boss get to share her work. Which means I may as well start living in the office. Goodbye some evenings and all weekends - it's been nice knowing you for a short time! I better get a bloody good salary review for this!

And happy birthday sonic.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    Definitely out to look good that day! She has put on a fair bit of weight recently and can't do anything about due to injury.

Interesting, so a younger version of you thats less likely to be able to run away :)

Evening scuttlers and happy birthday SS

Today has seen me blitz my bedroom, box up things ready for moving house and load a full sized man car full of crud for the tip including a lot of offcuts of carpet i no longer need, although given what I've just read about Miss CMC's sister, I might just hang on to them a while longer. I also agree on weddings being a rip off and I certainly shan't be taking Mrs G up the aisle any time soon, or probably ever.

Ghey bike arrived this afternoon and is very ghey indeed but fits in the boot of the car compfortably and cost a lot less than a brompton and has a lot less moving parts which was another pre-requisite.

Off to Lilo tonight for my favourite plateful of lebanese meats before getting back into training and riding next week.

BTW Miss CMC, you aren't or you dont have at your practice a commisioner for oaths do you? I have to have more railway forms filled ot to renew Mrs G's free european rail travel pass which involves all of that guff
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,841
    MissCMC wrote:
    She has put on a fair bit of weight recently
    If she's fat before she gets married....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissCMC
    Gazlar as a solicitor with a current practicing certificate I am also able to administer oaths.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:
    She has put on a fair bit of weight recently
    If she's fat before she gets married....
    :D
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    Gazlar as a solicitor with a current practicing certificate I am also able to administer oaths.

Interesting, cheers. You may hear from me if i have to supply atoc with more paperwork
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    No worries let me know.
  • Gazlar
    No, I'm just gonna turn up ;) and wearing Stilts so I look taller

Cheers, I will do :)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp