Tacx Satori assembly help

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
I have just finished putting together a Tacx Satori trainer, all good except for one thing; the main bolt ('J' for those who have put one together) which holds the mag unit on to the inner side of the trainer unit frame, the nut supplied to go with it has a rubber ring built in and it's preventing me from tightening the bolt fully.

As such when the nut is as tight as possible there is still a good 5-7mm to go on the bolt thread and the bolt can be slid side to side and the mag unit slightly jangles in the frame if you get me?

Is this correct? I have placed all parts as required but it just seems that the mag unit will take a hammering if I ride on it like this.
Cheers for any help.

Comments

• They are working on a better instruction manual as we speak !!
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I hope so for the sake of other buffoons like me.
    Still I contacted Tacx direct, have to say the customer service was superb; they responded in minutes and have given me full details on the assembly and how to sort out the issue I had. Good work Tacx for that, the manuals are a touch too simple still for fools like me though.
    Right off to Ikea now to buy a bed...
  • Sorry to dig up an old post however I am now having the exact same problem, could you share how you fixed the issue if it is an issue at all?
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Sorry to dig up an old post however I am now having the exact same problem, could you share how you fixed the issue if it is an issue at all?

If you go to Tacx website you'll see the instructions as a PDF. The good thing about this is that you can zoom to see the parts etc.

Once I looked at these, it was fairly easy. Oh and remember, the 'fitting kits' are not needed for 700c (std road bike) setups.

The bolt has a locking thread.. and just needs to be tight (and not super tight) as it needs to be able to move.

Hope this helps
    Simon
  • edpitt
    edpitt Posts: 1
    Hi

I've looked at the website but it just has the same (useless) instructions. Can someone please just say how you resolve the problem - I am having the same issue with the J bolt seeming too long unless I assemble the handle with the additional plastic extension pieces that I didn't think were necessary for normal road bike wheel. Please help!
  • andyeb
    andyeb Posts: 407
    I spent about an hour staring at the Tacx Satori assembly instructions, trying to reconcile them with the bits and pieces.

In the end I gave up, grabbed the iPad and watched this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDWqz2ARHSA - it's not specifically for the Satori, but it was close enough I had the thing assembled in 5 min.