Cancellara exchange with journalist

2»

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,565
    Fair enough. I guess I got swayed by the fact that the first two posters referred to Cav (within the context of that quote) as pleasing/a legend.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,732
    Maybe intolerance to stupid questions from journos isn't seen by everyone as a bad thing :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    BFu8ry4CAAA4hci.jpg:large
    Tour of Normandie, warming down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    JackTar wrote:
    I was at Lansdowne road stadium last summer, they have two side-by-side pools in the home changing rooms, they fill one with hot water and one with cold water, and the players go from hot to cold and back again several times after a match, they think it speeds up recovery a lot.
    I think that it is ideal to go either very warm or very cold straight after exercise to aid recovery (admittedly, I saw this on the Eddie Izzard running marathons back to back programme, but he seemed to be advised by a proper sports scientist). That would be bloody hilarious - a load of bath tubs full of ice outside team buses at the end of stages....
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    JackTar wrote:
    I was at Lansdowne road stadium last summer, they have two side-by-side pools in the home changing rooms, they fill one with hot water and one with cold water, and the players go from hot to cold and back again several times after a match, they think it speeds up recovery a lot.

Now we know why Ireland keep getting so many injury problems... they keep slipping on the wet tiles jumping in and out of the bath...