Wiggle southdowns rough ride March 3rd

2»

Comments

• camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Sorry to hear that but I think you are wise to rest it

You maybe able to get your entry transferred to another of their rides

I will be returning to do the Purbecks Hill-a-Saurus this year again, really enjoyed that one, another I will be doing is the Brecon Beast in Wales had to be one of my favourite events last year 80km of great riding :)
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    That's a good idea - will try that. Being an utter tight-wad I don't want to have wasted my entry fee :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    miss notax wrote:
    That's a good idea - will try that. Being an utter tight-wad I don't want to have wasted my entry fee :lol:
    Don't blame you I would be exactly the same :)
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • miss notax
    And they have kindly transferred my entry to the Purbeck Hill a Saurus in November (when hopefully my knee will be better!!) - the next Wiggle event I can make - for a £5 admin fee which is fair enough! 8)

Under the circumstances i'm happy with that! Good luck to everyone riding on Sunday - have a great time and have a slice of cake for me at the finish :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Probably not a bad idea to rest it.. that monster hill in the middle of the route certainly wouldn't do you any favours!
  • miss notax
    Yeah - let me know what it's like!!

I might even be tempted to get the much-neglected road bike out for a blast instead, that's how bad it is :wink::lol:

• neilrosser
    neilrosser Posts: 236
    Not long now :D , must get an early night :?
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • frogstomp
    frogstomp Posts: 412
    Great ride.. grinding climbs, tyre-shredding descents and a few nice twisty bits.. perfect weather and no bike cleaning required - bliss!

Managed 3h22m for the epic route, despite body-surfing down a flinty track at 20mph and fading fast over the last 10 miles..

Well done to the organisers - excellent event! :-)
  • neilrosser
    neilrosser Posts: 236
    What a day!! :twisted: alarm went off at 05:30 :? struggled to drag my arse out of bed :| , went outside to a frozen bike rack :o put the bike on the car roof, but forgot to tighten the clamp :oops: so the bike had a fight with gravity :roll: , then a peddle decided to say good morning to my head :x. So after wiping away the blood, I counted to 10, and secured the bike properly :) . Started to get a headache after 10 miles into the ride :x so decided to call it a day and just do the short distance :cry:
    But hey....I'm alive and got home safely :D and looking forward to the next outing..I think :wink:
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • Left it too late to sign up! Sounds like it was good though. I'll have to keep an eye out for a similar event.
  • miss notax
    Well done everyone that rode!!! I missed a cracking day - actually saw that strange yellow thing in the sky at one point...!

• Fearn0
    Fearn0 Posts: 12
    Great day managed 3hrs 25 full of cold but battled on