Bucks Reliability Ride 24th Feb

WisePranker
WisePranker Posts: 823
Is anyone taking part in this or done it in the past?
I was just wondering what the roads are like around that part of the world?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... Ride#about

I quite fancy it, might be handy to burning off some of the excesses of Christmas :oops:

The HQ is the Higher Denham Community Centre,
Lower Road
Denham
Uxbridge
Middlesex
UB9 5EA

The event is a two distance road ride

100km and 70 km , both rides will feature some of the iconic Chiltern Hills , it will be a tough ride for Feb and will avoid the main roads good tyres are recommended .

The event will be limited in terms of numbers with a maximum field of 200 riders. the routes will be signposted and GPS files will be available. .

This will be a ride to test yourself over the distance, no food stops will be provided but there will be plenty of food at the HQ for pre and post event carbs as well as the provision of a licensed bar for those not driving back.

Riders will start in groups and there will be 3 times to aim for in the longest distance , 3-3.5 Hrs -Gold Standard, 3.5-4.15 Silver Standard and 4.15 to 5 Bronze standards

Entry fee to non club members will be £10

Entry fee to club members will be £5

On line entry will open shortly via the British Cycling website , it is anticipated there will be a small memento for all successful finishers.

Any Q's chris@westdraytonmbc.co.uk

Comments

• Frostys
    Frostys Posts: 277
    Hi I have been thinking about having a crack at this as an early season leg warmer. I ride around the north end of the Chilterns and the rides are generally lumpy with lots of short sharp steep climbs as opposed to long grinds.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • Frostys wrote:
    Hi I have been thinking about having a crack at this as an early season leg warmer. I ride around the north end of the Chilterns and the rides are generally lumpy with lots of short sharp steep climbs as opposed to long grinds.

I think the 70km might be plenty for me in that case then!
    I just hope the weather's not too bad for it.
  • I should be doing this, not sure on long or short route yet though, depends how the next few weeks go.

With regards to the terrain, I can confirm (having recce'd the 70km route, shhh :wink: ) that there are a few short sharp climbs thrown in there, they definitely got my attention!

Should be a great day, the routes manage to avoid a lot of main road so you'll get to see some good countryside.
    "I ride to eat"
  • Frostys
    Frostys Posts: 277
    It is good riding around this area with some very quiet country lanes. should be a good day out.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S