noisy trurbo

Gavin Cook
Gavin Cook Posts: 307
Hi
I have to live in hotels for two weeks of each month and I want to train on the turbo in my hotel room but I have to find a way of making my turbo quieter or buy one which is not too noisy. Any ideas ?

Thanks
Gavin

Comments

• Simmotino
    Simmotino Posts: 295
    Fluid turbos tend to be the quietest versions, but it's the vibrations more than the turbo noise that would penetrate to other rooms.

Ideally you'd get a ground floor room so that the room below isn't affected as the 'hum' through the walls side to side would be minimal I would have thought.

To be honest, it's in a hotel, for one maybe two hours at a time. I'd just get on it and go :wink:
  • richsieb
    richsieb Posts: 137
    There's turbo mats which you can buy which are meant to reduce the vibrations of the turbo. viewtopic.php?p=16475163
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Ask the hotel if there is a basement or a back yard where you can set your turbo up?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Ground floor room.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    hope you're not in the same hotel that I end up in - most have floors and walls made of paper and I think you'll very quickly get complaints if you try using a turbo in a room. The other issue is that without a fan you're going to fry and pour sweat everywhere - not sure you'll be very welcome.

I take my bike with me to hotels all the time and ride out in the evenings after work, but wouldnt try putting it in my room to train on.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...