NEW closed circuit road race in East Anglia

kim10
kim10 Posts: 186
edited January 2013 in Amateur race
Just wanted to give the heads up on a new closed circuit road race in East Anglia, near Thetford. The owner of the Elveden Estate has alloved the Lotus Cars Cycle Race League organisers to use a brand new road within the estate for cycling races.
The race has just been opened on the BC website for entry with the first race on March the 9th. I think the plan is for 5 Saturdays in total. Unfortunately I cannot make the first couple but am hoping to be able to do the last 3. The circuit sounds really good and with not many closed road events this could prove to be some good racing.

Here's the like to the BC website:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... -1#summary

Comments

• njd37
    njd37 Posts: 162
    Im planning on entering this as my first race. Its a regional B race, cat 3/4. Does that mean im okay with a British Cycling Silver Membership which gives me the provisional license and then just buying a day license? Or do I need a full race license?
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    Closed road so provisional is OK. You won't be eligible for any ranking points if you finish in the top ten though.
  • njd37
    njd37 Posts: 162
    Dess1e wrote:
    Closed road so provisional is OK. You won't be eligible for any ranking points if you finish in the top ten though.

Thanks.

Ill be happy to finish :) let alone place so...
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    njd37 wrote:
    Dess1e wrote:

Thanks.

You'd be gutted if only a few turn up and you could have got a placing. I was at the Norfolk County Council Crits with only a provisional doing a Go Race. The following 3/4 race only had seven people in it. Even though I was shattered I could have gone another forty minutes to get some points!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    markos1963 wrote:
    njd37 wrote:
    Dess1e wrote:

Thanks.

You'd be gutted if only a few turn up and you could have got a placing. I was at the Norfolk County Council Crits with only a provisional doing a Go Race. The following 3/4 race only had seven people in it. Even though I was shattered I could have gone another forty minutes to get some points!
    Whats the point of getting points like that though? Get easy points then go up a category and get hammered?