What keeps you going?

2»

Comments

• Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    What keeps me going?

"Well, you got yourself here, and you're gonna have to get yourself back" voice in my head (when I got lost).

"Well, you're gonna get wet now. Don't stop or you'll get cold. And there's no shelter anyway. MTFU" (when caught in a rainstorm with no waterproofs)

"Yes, it's a big hill and the way home goes over the top of it. Get a move on!"

And so on... :lol:
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • The lovely fuzzy tired haze, that hits you when you sit down with a coffee and food after a 6hr ride, almost valium like in its effect.
    The knowledge that I can eat pretty much what I want when I get home.
    Those extra miles on Strava, it is addictive.
    Imagining 8hr's at my desk at work.
    “If you do what always do, you'll get what you always get.”
  • Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    I enjoy it :wink:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    rodgers73 wrote:
    When it gets a bit grim and hard work on the bike, what keeps you pedaling?

For me its the knowledge when its cold or wet and you stop you end up cooling down and feeling colder and crapper than if you just kept going. And when its hot I seem to enjoy getting the sweat flowing even more. But then, I'm probably a weirdo ;-)

The visions I have of me storming to victory when I start racing this season :lol:
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    I ride my bike so it wont be quite as hard the next time I ride my bike - it doesnt really work but I keep hoping!
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    masochism
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    1. I know i'm miles from home and have to get back somehow.
    2. I Like to push myself. I like to suffer a bit.
    3. And when I push myself I think of my cycling heroes powering up Mt Ventoux or the Para's and Marines yomping 90km across the Falklands in 1982. And think they're real hard men who are fit. I shouldn't be such a pussy in comparison.
    4. I'll allow myself a beer if I get back after a challenging ride.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby