2013 Gear

Comments

• Sojasun
    sojasun+1.jpg
    sojasun+2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • As usual, pretentious Team Sky are fashionably last to show their new kit off.......
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    As usual, pretentious Team Sky are fashionably last to show their new kit off.......

But they are not allowed to are they due to changing to Rapha?
    Jan 1st launch?
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Coach H wrote:
    As usual, pretentious Team Sky are fashionably last to show their new kit off.......

Jan 1st launch?

Please dont apply common sense - it only gets in the way of Frenchie having a pop :wink:
  • Boonen's kit is amazing.

How so? Isn't it just a Belgian champs jersey with some black shorts. Am I missing something?
  • A sense of style maybe?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • A sense of style maybe?

Nope, still don't get what you mean. How is it any different from this...

091227ispa_0304b_600.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,760
    Boonen's kit is amazing.

How so? Isn't it just a Belgian champs jersey with some black shorts. Am I missing something?

Erm. It's a champ kit.

And Boonen is in it.

What else d'ya want?
  • Boonen's kit is amazing.

Erm. It's a champ kit.

And Boonen is in it.

What else d'ya want?

I'm just pleased Boonen's not pulling a double-denim look..AGAIN...
  • Because you can have a champ kit that looks amazing and a champ kit that looks bad. I think this one is a quality design (and they are desinged). I'm not sure what you want me to say to you.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Actually the Belgian champs kit is pretty smart*

*but could do without OPQS bolloxing it up with this twitter handle business
  • Because you can have a champ kit that looks amazing and a champ kit that looks bad. I think this one is a quality design (and they are desinged). I'm not sure what you want me to say to you.

I was hoping you could expand a bit on what makes that one quality. I just don't get it, just looks like a Belgian champs kit to me (even if it doesn't have Boonen wearing it, Rick!). Doesn't even look as though he has a matching spangly bike from that photo. But don't worry about it, it's not that important...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Boonen's kit is amazing.

Erm. It's a champ kit.

And Boonen is in it.

What else d'ya want?

Boonen out of it?

:wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Here is a hi-res:

boonen.jpg

It flows very well and the additional colour detail as well as the socks make it look great. I also love the OPQS kit generally so that makes this particular kit a +.

Just search googleimages 'for Gilbert Belgian Nationa Champion' or something. You can see he has about 4 different kits which are in turn different to Boonen's one above which is in turn different to other Belgian Boonen kits. Some are better than others.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coach H wrote:

Jan 1st launch?

That

Please dont apply common sense - it only gets in the way of Frenchie having a pop :wink:
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Here is a hi-res:

It flows very well and the additional colour detail as well as the socks make it look great. I also love the OPQS kit generally so that makes this particular kit a +.

Just search googleimages 'for Gilbert Belgian Nationa Champion' or something. You can see he has about 4 different kits which are in turn different to Boonen's one above which is in turn different to other Belgian Boonen kits. Some are better than others.

There you go, not so difficult was it. Can see it much better when it's a higher res photo, looks OK to me. And I quite liked Gilbert's kit when he was with Omega...

2011_clasica_san_sebastian_belgian_national_champ_philippe_gilbert1a.jpg

But not so much when he was with BMC...

bmc_training_camp_2012_076_600.jpg

Oh and Boonen's socks are to long!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,627

I like the skinsuit (or is it ultra tight jersey and shorts?). The socks are a bit too much though, it's starting to look like a rugby kit with hooped jersey and socks. Not sure about the yellow stripe on the sleeve either, I reckon they should have matched the black band with the sleeve length and left it plain other than the WC bands. However, I'm with Greased here, it looks almost the same as every other Belgian champs jersey - it is just one of those things where the national colours look 'right' as opposed to many of those eastern bloc countries where their colours always look like 80s disco kit.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    As somebody who spends a lot of time looking at digitally enhanced images i'd say Boonen has been photoshopped to look skinnier in that picture in the new national champs kit.

I like it, but then the belgian champs kit usually looks pretty cool.

I also think that despite looking a bit '80s, the new GB kit is a huge improvement on the old one, which was frankly hideous.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I must be the only one that liked the old GB kit. Thought it was bold unique and basically looked good!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Here is a hi-res:

boonen.jpgIt flows very well and the additional colour detail as well as the socks make it look great.  I also love the OPQS kit generally so that makes this particular kit a +.  Just search googleimages 'for Gilbert Belgian Nationa Champion' or something.  You can see he has about 4 different kits which are in turn different to Boonen's one above which is in turn different to other Belgian Boonen kits.  Some are better than others.

Not sure about the socks to be honest, he needs them to match the shoes not the kit:

CONTADOR_SW_ROAD_SHOES_555.jpg
    VINO_SW_ROAD_SHOE_555.jpg

What Boonen has is a half and half sock which doesn't suit.
  • rebs wrote:
    I must be the only one that liked the old GB kit. Thought it was bold unique and basically looked good!

I liked it. Think it's time for a change though, it's been around for a while. Not sure about the new one, looks like it's faded in the wash. Best one was the old BCF one, like this...

5885372492_3ce7af72cb.jpg
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Think the Belgian national team colours with the light blue are better, are we really getting into how much better one top is over a slightly different one each year is. Think the Olympic GB top was very nice.

Also the Sojasun bike suffers from the 'I must put red on every bike part problem' wheels.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,627
    rebs wrote:

I liked it. Think it's time for a change though, it's been around for a while. Not sure about the new one, looks like it's faded in the wash. Best one was the old BCF one, like this...

5885372492_3ce7af72cb.jpg

Yep, that was my favourite too. I had a genuine one (given to me by a clubmate who rode junior worlds to apologise for riding into the back of me in a club 10 :lol: ) and wore it pretty much every ride until it finally fell apart - it was still probably the most comfortable jersey I have worn.

EDIT The one I had didn't have quite such big writing on it, think mine was from '90 or '91.
  • 4805001-001.jpg
    4805000-001r.jpg
    4804073-001.jpg
    4805011-001r.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Another view of the Astana kit:

astana.jpg
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Sonny73 wrote:

astana.jpg

Eyes forward at the back there....
  • Sonny73 wrote:

astana.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRa8Ft5gcr8
  • Have Lotto been done yet, apologies if they already have...

bettiniphoto_0125967_1_full_670.jpg
  • I wouldnt want JVB as my leader...

That yellow is Fail.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    I wouldnt want JVB as my leader...

pretty sure he wouldn't want you in his team either - launching doomed solo attacks from 200km out all the time like a HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION