Ask Trev The Rev A Question

Trev The Rev
Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
Seeing as the mods have removed the original thread, (I wonder why?), which was not started by me, here it is again.

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Why?

Is about the only one I can think of.
  • bompington wrote:
    Why?

Is about the only one I can think of.

Why did the mods remove the original thread?
    Was it the abusive posts?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    No, "why" as in "why don't you get it?"
  • bompington wrote:
    No, "why" as in "why don't you get it?"

I didn't start the original thread. I thought it was funny. Trying to find out why the mods deleted it.
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Why have you not yet understood that the rest of the population realises that you are a complete nutter, with a realistically high chance of suffering from some legitimate mental illness.
  • NewTTer wrote:
    Why have you not yet understood that the rest of the population realises that you are a complete nutter, with a realistically high chance of suffering from some legitimate mental illness.

I wasn't aware I even existed outside cycling forums.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    NewTTer wrote:

What you must understand is that we only know you from your somewhat heterodox views as expressed here

I think the concern is that as this is a public forum, a person new to this kind of thing might see what you've written and take it as a commonly held belief
  • vorsprung wrote:
    NewTTer wrote:

What you must understand is that we only know you from your somewhat heterodox views as expressed here

I think the concern is that as this is a public forum, a person new to this kind of thing might see what you've written and take it as a commonly held belief

So are you saying only orthodox views are allowed to be expressed. Just because the majority believe something does not make it right.

The majority on a cycling forum is in fact a very small minority of people with biased views who are quick to attack anyone who ever questions them.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953

So are you saying only orthodox views are allowed to be expressed. Just because the majority believe something does not make it right.
    Regardless of the correctness of the belief if you are completely at odds with a community then you will attract approbation
    The majority on a cycling forum is in fact a very small minority of people with biased views who are quick to attack anyone who ever questions them.
    Welcome to the miracle of modern communication that is the Internet
  • vorsprung wrote:

Regardless of the correctness of the belief if you are completely at odds with a community then you will attract approbation
    Welcome to the miracle of modern communication that is the Internet

Are you sure you have used 'approbation' correctly?
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Why did the mods remove the original thread?
    Was it the abusive posts?
    To be quite honest I reported it, as I don't think it's fair to start threads to pick on an individual. It also had nothing to do with training.

All the other forums I use have policies against starting 'callout' threads like that one.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!