MTB in South of France

sofaboy73
sofaboy73 Posts: 574
edited November 2012 in Holidays
me and a few (non biking) friends are planning a holiday to the south of france next year - house in the countryside, good food & wine that type of thing.

currently looking at locations and i'm keen to steer it towards a region i might be able to get some good biking done. unsurprisingly the alps has already been vetoed by the group and there suggestions of dordogne or ardeche.

does anyone know if tehre's any good biking in these areas / could suggest similar rural areas with some good biking?

Comments

• There's good MTBing just about anywhere in the South. A particular favourite of mine is the Alpes Maritime area and the Massif Des Maures. That's basically the whole coastal ranges from Menton (Italian border) down to the Gulf of St Tropez (AM) and then from the peninsular of the Gulf down the coast towards Toulon and Marseille. Some epic, steep hills, easily mixed in with tarmac climbing if you want to take it a little easier. Good singletrack, PLENTY of dull fire-roads (summer forest fires are a big deal) and lots of good local shops and advice. Personally I tend to stay somewhere around Le Lavandou/Bormes Les Mimosas/Lalonde and then go out from there ('cos I like the beaches as well :) )
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • http://www.creme-de-languedoc.com/Langu ... biking.php
    heading near 1,5 and 10 next summer been before but never with my bike. i can recomend the food and wine though!!!!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo