Free day for riding! Where is riding well whilst wet?

2»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Thanks smcgsi16v. See you if you can make it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Wont be able to make it i'm afraid, work sprung a meeting with a customer in Southall on me this afternoon for tomorrow.

However just got back home from riding the route.

Don't bother with Olympic ridge as the route is covered in leaves etc and the route through the trees isn't visable unless you want to ride through and get lost and have fun in there.

Other than that the going is good to soft patches and a couple of boggy bits.
    I've just come out of there the dryist and least muddy I have for a couple of weeks.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Thanks for the update, sorry you have to go to southall, but I guess someone's got to. Next time!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    Looks like we dodged the weather bullet... been pissing it down the rest of today! This is the course I tried to take us on (incase anyone cares!)

minley_torq_2012_actual_route.gif

If you remember the first crossing of the bridge led to some confusion after we went straight on and Damon was determined it went through that boggy ditch! Well, boggy ditch aside, he was mainly right... Thats the couple of Km we missed out! Ho hum. Fun either way.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Sgray
    Sgray Posts: 79
    Cheers everyone for today I really enjoyed it, sorry for being so slow.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Amazing Ben, that looks almost like the map further up. Not that it helps me at all, with my rubbish sense of direction and barely functioning memory, which is why I follow people. If either worked I'd leave you all for dust.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    Err, yes it does. Doh! I was looking at the map on page 1!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    Nice one. Cheers Ben. Good to meet everyone. :)
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011