SSC P7 bike light spares

tc345
tc345 Posts: 98
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Hello forumites, further to the trouble that i was having getting my P7 to work last week the charger has now decided to stop charging. When it is plugged in the light is on but it does not change to red to indicate that it is charging and after a few hours of charging there is no extra juice in the batteries. I have tried a few things to improve the connection with no success.

Does anyone know where i can get a new charger? i can find replacement battery packs easily enough but not replacement chargers...

Cheers.

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,321
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin
    Or would this work? Someone a bit more electronically minded please advise...

http://www.auto-gadget.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=16089&currency=GBP

edit - pretty sure the connector is too small on this - 3.5mm. Would have to check my P7 at home though.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • tc345
    tc345 Posts: 98
    pangolin wrote:
    Or would this work? Someone a bit more electronically minded please advise...

http://www.auto-gadget.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=16089&currency=GBP

edit - pretty sure the connector is too small on this - 3.5mm. Would have to check my P7 at home though.

I think the 3.5mm is too small. I just measured my charger and it is 5mm diameter. I may just get a second P7 off of the ebay as a back up/for spares.

Ta for the links.
  • pangolin
    Yeah 5 sounds more like it.

Getting 2 is probably the way to go. Get a splitter and you can run them both as well!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    all you need to know is what the voltage & amp age your current charger is

check polarity (im guessing it would be + to tip)

an check plug diameter - if you cant find the correct plug...

cut the plug off the old one, cut the end of the new one an solder/ crimp the old onto the new charger

simples
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    If you're willing to get your soldering iron out, I've done this (to replace the original non-waterproof battery set).

$(KGrHqIOKm8E4TJJoLgJBOHWGNoHW!~~_35.JPG

+

mR0K7mS7th-xOsQJThwm1pw.jpg

+

mlD5_qkl0HHh4bT7gTyvBVA.jpg

(The play-doh pot provides a water tight seal for the batteries).
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    craker wrote:
    mlD5_qkl0HHh4bT7gTyvBVA.jpg

(The play-doh pot provides a water tight seal for the batteries).

Yes yes yes, but which colour should I use?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    davis wrote:

Yes yes yes, but which colour should I use?

Pink it's scientifically proven to be the quickest colour
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3