Doping in amateur cycling - BBC

2»

Comments

• Pross wrote:
    Here's the list of athletes / sportspeople currently banned by UKAD http://www.ukad.org.uk/anti-doping-rule-violations/current-violations/ Looking at that there are some far better targets for an expose of drugs in sport. I would start with rugby of both codes, steroid and HGH use are rife at amateur level and I have serious concerns at the top of the game.

Wow! there is even a Highland Games Doper :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sam Grammer you cheating tosser (caber) 8)
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    LegendLust wrote:
    sub55 wrote:
    LegendLust wrote:
    Well I cane the caffeine - Am I a doper?

Read the WADA banned list. Remember, taking something on the banned list is cheating, deliberate or not.

caffeine is not on the band list

There you go, not on the banned list, not doping or cheating.

Not hard to check is it?

It is if you are over a certain limit >12mg per litre of urine

No that particular reg has long gone. Caffeine is currently listed as a substance they monitor . But there is no upper limit on concentrations within the body.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    sub55 wrote:
    LegendLust wrote:
    sub55 wrote:
    LegendLust wrote:
    Well I cane the caffeine - Am I a doper?

Read the WADA banned list. Remember, taking something on the banned list is cheating, deliberate or not.

caffeine is not on the band list

There you go, not on the banned list, not doping or cheating.

Not hard to check is it?

It is if you are over a certain limit >12mg per litre of urine

No that particular reg has long gone. Caffeine is currently listed as a substance they monitor . But there is no upper limit on concentrations within the body.

Totally correct, and I think there has also been talk of taking it off the monitor list as well. For anyone that competes in races I would suggest reading the current WADA code to see what is and what is not allowed. Also I doubt there is many if any off the counter medicines on sale in the UK that contain banned substances these days. Prescription medicines should be checked however.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Rushmore wrote:
    I had a mate who took testosterone pills...

he threw his bike in a bush because he got angry with it... LOL

Is Bjarne your mate ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFzteK_y1b4