2013 bike shipment stolen from Trek HQ

Avanti Roman
Avanti Roman Posts: 189
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Just been notified of this theft from Trek and checked with Chris they are OK for me to post this, please call her if you see/hear anything:

Bikes stolen outside of Trek UK offices
(Milton Keynes) – A lorry carrying a shipment of 2013 Trek road and mountain bikes was broken into overnight on Friday, October 26th. The vehicle was parked on the street outside of the Trek offices.

Models taken include several sizes of the following models:

Elite 8.8
Elite Carbon 9.6
Fuel EX 8
Remedy 9.8
Madone 3.5
Madone 4.7
Madone 5.9

It is possible that stolen bikes will show up in stores for repair or build, or for sale on auction sites such as Ebay and Gumtree. Trek UK has a list of serial numbers for verification.

Anyone with information regarding the stolen bikes, or to report a stolen bike being offered for sale, is asked to contact Trek UK on 01908 360 160.
For inquiries contact:
Chris Garrison
chris_garrison@trekbikes.com
01908 360 160
Ribble Gran Fondo
Boardman CX Team
Trek 8000
Sirrus framed 'special'

Prev: Avanti Corsa, Routens, MBK TT, homemade TT bike, Trek 990, Vitus 979 x 2, Peugeot Roubaix & er..Raleigh Arena!

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    And the moral of the story...don't leave your bike(s) in your vehicle overnight :roll:

Wont be losing any sleep over this...I'm sure Trek will be OK
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I am not quite as gutted as I would be if it was a radarites personal pride and joy it has to be said. It is perhaps a tad foolish leaving them in a lorry overnight however - not like your average truck is overly secure.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'm sure something like this happened last year, and i recall it being Trek :?

I may just be going crazy...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The good thing is that there is no market for Trek stuff in the wake of the LA scandal so they'll be delivered straight back. ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • *goes to ebay in search of a bargain*
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    i blame the elves... times are tough even for santa
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Won't cost Trek anything, the haulier on the other hand should hope that he's insured. That is unless Trek provided the wrong consignment detail and all that was stolen was a bunch of low range BSOs.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?