Rivington 100

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
Have to say what a great ride. Weather was spot on - the short route the right side of taxing - food stops in just the right place, and the food was excellent.

There was a great atmosphere you don't normally find at bigger sportives- I saw riders waiting fo r others to encourage them, I even gave up a gel to a guy who wasnt even on the ride but seemed in trouble and it was great to sit and chat at the end with the other riders.

If you want to feel like you've been part of something and not just a number have a go of this if its on next year - honestly you'll feel like you've put a real effort in but you wont mind because it truly is a fun ride.

Super day.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• I did the long ride and I have to agree it was a really good day and personally it was the best sportive of the season that I have completed. The food was great, the event well organised and all the riders were really friendly. All in all a great day.
  • Some photos up - the angelzarke climb. :D

great shot of a group coming up through the autumn trees.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Thanks for the heads up. I certainly wasn't that fresh faced at the end!
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    Thanks for the nice comments. It turned out to be a fantastic day.

The comments about the atmosphere are especially appreciated as it was great around the hq. I attribute a lot of that to not having too much of a formal start area but mainly because we have stopped timing the events.

Cheers
    AL