Moab

le_patron
le_patron Posts: 494
edited October 2012 in Routes
In Moab. What a town, loving it.
Planning to ride Slickrock tomorrow.
Anyone been who has any tips and recommendations for riding and the town in general ?
So much to do, bit overwhelmed with choices.
Thanks !

Comments

• Poison. Spider mesa and porcupine. Rim
    Climbing at Indian creek.
    Loved it
  • Righto, got a proper keyboard.
    Enjoy Moab. It is an absolutely amazing place.
    Poison Spider Bikes is the place to go. Really sound people and they'll even put the brake levers on the hire bikes the right way round for you.
    The deli on main street does absolutely amazing veggie wraps for a long day's riding.
    The big pub on on main street brews its own beer and does great steaks after an long day's riding.
    Amazing eggs Benedict at the cafe on the NE side of town, can't remember the name.

Take a trip to arches.

Do the Poison Spider into Portal Trail. It's absolutely brilliant. You can easily walk the deadly bit, and the rest is great.

If you're into climbing then Indian Creek has the best crack climbing in the world.

The shop at the north end of town just by the town limits does very cheap North Face gear.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Thanks for the tips !

Now back, so thought I'd write a quick summary.

Only there for two days. Noone could tell me how long the Slickrock Trail took, so I rushed it a bit, would have preferred to take more time (2.5 hrs). Really good, overdose on rock obviously, but flat shoes made sense for the bits I had to walk (saw someone in clips, mistake as you get no grip). Weather was fine, not too hot.

Camped at the Slickrock RV/Camp ground at the North end of town, good with hot tub, and corrugated roofs over the tent pitches. Very friendly, free wifi from tent.

Rented bike from Uranium cycles near the north end of town, really helpful and swapped the levers round. It was a 29" wheel bike, still the jury is out for me on that.

Eddie McStiff's was good for a microbrewery pint, they eve serve a good beer batter sigh and chips (was starting to get fed-up of wings etc ).

The gear shop is called Gearheads, absolutely tonnes of stuff. Hard not to go mad in there....especially the Patagonia stuff.

Great town, tonnes of stuff to do and Arches and Canyonlands Parks are just outside of town. Could stay there a week easily.