Super Sunday

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited October 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Mongs!

Just spent 15 minutes ejecting last nights curry.

Day of chores ahead. Meh.

I will be taking every opportunity to get out on the bikes.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,877
    Another day of study fun whilst I look forward to the exams in a couple of weeks :(

Need to get out on the bike or a run to clear my head first though
  • A day of feeling a bit rough today after yesterday's enduro.
    Today shall be spent doing laundry, watching MotoGP, and packing for a week in Manchester.
    Happy days.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Early start for me today as No 1 child is off to Blackpool with friends

Rest of Family are at riding school

I thought I'd have a work out, so started off with some easy strokes then built up to a steady rhythm finishing off with a final burst which left me hot and sweaty

Anyway less about the rowing machine

I'm off to the Peaks for a ride around Win Hill
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Afternoon Losers!
    Didn't get to the cinema last week, complete fail. In fact, I never left the house all day!
    Today, I've been out and about, but it's a normal Sunday for me. Nothing exciting happening.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Evenin all

Last night was a good night, I'm just about recovered. No cycling today so had a chance to reflect on the week and i'm still shocked about the plane crash in Nepal. My old boss was on it :(

Anyway, dinner.
    Papa? Nicole
  • Morning homos,

BOOM! Have agreed to buy that rockhopper I was looking at the other day. Should hopefully going to pick it up later tonight. Will have some road tyres stuck on there and be used as my communter bike and turbo bike for now. Although I could use it as my winter hack too.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Bit bruised from yesterday, towards the end of the enduro I was knackered and lost concentration a lot eventually resulting in a hard crash. Today has been cleaning bike, then out on the road bike for 60k just to work the legs off after yesterday and compare how much easier it is than mountain biking. Turns out it's piss easy, especially around Herts :lol:

Just back from helping with the fresher pub crawl, I got bored so now I'm in uni stealing their interwebz and working a bit because I'm cool.

Laters
  • Hey, Angry Bird, did you manage the full 60K in the end? I saw you just before the last split point, but I don't think I saw you afterwards.
  • angry_bird
    Yeah, got another burst of energy around the beginning of the end, then got shaken to death and really had to work hard to keep going on the other side of the road, so many people were just buggering off down fire roads back towards the centre. Glad I stuck at it, quite enjoyed the last few km after the last marshall point. Even with a slow puncture the trails were a lot more like what I'm used to, nice an mucky, slip slidedy stuff.

But yeah, that last real climb was a right bitch, really highlighted how crap my fitness really is :lol:
  • If you even finished the 60, on any time, then your fitness must be pretty damned good!
    I had absolutely nothing left to give for the last mile or two, I was just coasting!
    Eventually finished it at 16:37 I think.
  • angry_bird
    If you even finished the 60, on any time, then your fitness must be pretty damned good!
    I had absolutely nothing left to give for the last mile or two, I was just coasting!
    Eventually finished it at 16:37 I think.

I was a good time after that, I got back to the car at 17.45 but had to walk from the finish so I'd imagine about 17.25-17.30, will know for sure when they get the times up.
  • You know... The guy that came first managed it in two and a half hours, meaning he averaged 15mph, over THAT COURSE!! Bloody hell!
  • angry_bird
    Fucking hell. How the fuck did he manage that!?!