Bike Obsessives

daviesee
daviesee Posts: 6,386
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
A quote from Chris Boardman on the BBC website -

"First, the frames. "I've been working with carbon fibre for 15 years and I think it's really cool, sexy stuff to look at. It personifies high-tech," says Boardman, admiring Victoria Pendleton's sprint bike."

He must be bike obsessive. Bike? What bike? Would be my question. :twisted:
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• haha - he is proper bike geek - I bet he even knows what PSI to inflate my latex pendleton executive release doll with a hand pump. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • haha - he is proper bike geek - I bet he even knows what PSI to inflate my latex pendleton executive release doll with a hand pump. :D

I bet you use your "hand pump" regularly Cleat. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    haha - he is proper bike geek - I bet he even knows what PSI to inflate my latex pendleton executive release doll with a hand pump. :D

I bet you use your "hand pump" regularly Cleat. :lol:

I bet the muscles on his right forearm are bigger than Chris Hoy's legs!! Cleat would get to 120psi in no time given all the practice i'm sure he must get! :lol::lol:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    haha - he is proper bike geek - I bet he even knows what PSI to inflate my latex pendleton executive release doll with a hand pump. :D

I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE THE DELICIOUS VICTORIA ALONE - EFFIGIES ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THAT WARNING.

Right, me and her are on our way round to be really angry at you. I'll rant then she will burst into tears for no explainable reason, blame it all on her tool of a dad who tried to live his life vacariously through her success then she'll force me to do things to her on the bonnet of the 159. Again.

I just hope that you feel guilty now. Bastard. Or should I say slut :)
  • Yossie wrote:

I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE THE DELICIOUS VICTORIA ALONE - EFFIGIES ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THAT WARNING.

Right, me and her are on our way round to be really angry at you. I'll rant then she will burst into tears for no explainable reason, blame it all on her tool of a dad who tried to live his life vacariously through her success then she'll force me to do things to her on the bonnet of the 159. Again.

I just hope that you feel guilty now. Bastard. Or should I say slut :)

Beautiful. You and Lady V have something special Yossie, I am in envy.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • daviesee
    Chris informs me that there is something sexy in this photo.
    I can see that but whats that to do with bikes? :wink:
    bella-bathurst-1_1861463b.jpg
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Yossie

Have a quiet word with her about yesterday will you. Apparently Vicky and Ms Varnish were sloppy in the box, with Varnish pulling out before Vicky was in the right position.
  • daviesee
    GiantMike wrote:
    Yossie

Have a quiet word with her about yesterday will you. Apparently Vicky and Ms Varnish were sloppy in the box, with Varnish pulling out before Vicky was in the right position.
    :lol: :P :lol:
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Best keep quiet and hope no one noticed.Bit touchy today.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    daviesee wrote:

"With her hand almost gripping the stem..." :shock:

{Extract from Fifty Types of Bar Tape}
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    daviesee wrote:
    A quote from Chris Boardman on the BBC website -

"First, the frames. "I've been working with carbon fibre for 15 years and I think it's really cool, sexy stuff to look at. It personifies high-tech," says Boardman, admiring Victoria Pendleton's sprint bike."

He must be bike obsessive. Bike? What bike? Would be my question. :twisted:

Was Ms Pendleton sat on it at the time? If not the man's a pervert.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    No - she was preparing to CRUSH EVERYONE ELSE INTO THE GROUND LIKE THE LOSERS THEY ARE.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

"With her hand almost gripping the stem..." :shock:

{Extract from Fifty Types of Bar Tape}
    As the final climax shuddered through her very being, her thighs clenched tightly as she pushed with all her soul, teeth clenched as the last shots of pain shot through her aching body. And in a moment it was over, done, finished, maybe too soon, but the blood coursing through her throbbing veins swelled her.... Cont'd p 94 etc etc.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    There was another great Boardman quote today during the MTB race, he said that some don't have paint on their frames to save weight. The other commentator said, I bet you even know how much weight that actually saves. 8g says Boardman! Sad. :D
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Hah... 8g is for a road bike. MTB's have bigger tubes and more surface area, therefore 10g is the saving
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I thought he said 60g. Which made me feel sadly cool as I'd guessed 50 grams :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    To be fair to Boardman it his actually his JOB to be obsessive about bikes.

The rest of us...

... it's not pretty.