World Cup Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

I wish the BBC would get it's bloody priorities right, don't they know it's Val d'Isere WC today? This morning will be spent playing bikes up at Stile Cop. This afternoon will be spent watching DH. That should keep me occupied for the day.

Laters

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Morning

Today is a combination of running the kids around until they are knackered, then try to fit some study in.

Obviously gp will appear at some point and dinner at mum and dads to finish. Not sure what time the wife turns up but after an expensive spa w.end and buying some £250 sunglasses she better be in a great mood
  • angry_bird
    Bloody hell it's quiet here today, forgot it was the GP this afternoon too, quite like the Hungarian circuit too. Shame we don't have sky, will have to watch the highlights later.

Stile Cop was hot earlier, decided to do a couple of "gentle warmup runs" without the body armour on. First one down, undersestimated how dry it was, turns out very dusty,slippy and loose as a result at one point I managed to overdo it and the front end washed out. Consequently I'm now lacking skin on my shoulder and have a series of cuts, scrapes and assorted marks up the left side of my back. Fortunately I appear to have limited feeling in that region anyway for some reason,I didn't even realise I was cut until my cousin pointed it out. I've just spent 10 minutes cleaning it out with a scrubbing brush and couldn't feel a thing :lol: Unfortunately I fear I've also twinged a few muscles in the shoulder too though as movement in certain directions is making them hurt.

Maybe stick to the roadie for a few days.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    *cough* front row *cough* sports *achoo* google

anyways, dull day compared to yesterday! currently watch beach volleyball and their playing benny hill music? wtf?

bit of xbox, and if there's a touch of blue sky i might just leave the house
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • angry_bird
    Cheers for that :D
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Recovery day for me. I'm absolutely munstered after yesterday's ride.
    I'm trying to watch the DH, but there appears to be problems with the broadcast beyond just my ch'ti internet.
    A day of doing nothing, followed by maybe reading a bit, then more nothing, followed by watching the MotoGP.