mavic crossrides...any good?

lordmerchant
lordmerchant Posts: 378
edited July 2012 in MTB general
just been out and got mself a brand new lapierre zesty 314 :D - comes with mavic crossrides as standard. I dont know a great deal bout hubs and combos and was wondering if it's worth sticking with the mavics or putting my mavic 317's on XT hubs from my old bike on? I mainly ride AM type stuff and tend to give my wheels a good hammering once in a while.

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have a pair of Crossrides on my old heckler. Used them for a few years now and they remain true even with a good few laps in the bike park and having ridden them in the alps too.

I am on my second rear after trashing the first but its lasted a fair while still. I'd say they are a decently strong average weight wheel in my experience (my old 317's didnt last as well) if you have a set you prefer it may be worth swapping and selling the crossrides while they are still new but otherwise they should be dependable.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • lordmerchant
    lordmerchant Posts: 378
    sounds good, to be honest I have had the 317's for a couple of times and they have needed trueing up at least 3 times i can remember and needed spokes fettling a couple of times, might as well give the crossrides a bash, cheers
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Decent budget wheelset: the XT/317 are slightly 'higher spec' but depends on build quality.