Santa Cruz and Yeti trail bikes

mike23
mike23 Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
After some 16 shaky years of riding hardtail, I would like to get a nice trail bike. I tried specialized camber and fuel ex and both were really nice. Now however, I have a chance of getting Yeti or Santa Cruz for some really good prices. I especailly like the 575, SB-66 and Blur and Tallboy. I have never ridden any of these and it is almost impossible to get a test ride round where I live. I would like to ask how would you compare Yeti and SC to Trek and specialized in terms of suspension technology abd overall as well. Thanks

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    You'd really have to try them, even a long drive isn't going to cost a lot compared to the cost of the bike.

FWIW, I demoed a Yeti ASR 5 and thought it was brilliant. I rode Blur TRc immediately afterwards and thought it was horrible. so much depends on rider preference, you need to try them yourself.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    ^^^^what he said. It's all about preferences, the SB66 will be closer to the blur though suspension platform wise (SC trying to sue Yeti as they believe its effectively the same). Also i'd say the 575 and the tallboy are more xc orientated, whereas the blur and the tallboy are for more aggressive riding.