Eurovelo 6 - possible partner wanted

andyjeff
andyjeff Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of doing a section of Eurovelo 6 ( Atlantic Ocean to Black Sea ) from Tours in France to just over the border in Switzerland at Basle / Basel / Bale. This will be a 2 week trip sometime at the end of August - starting possibly on Tuesday 28th.

I aim to travel to Tours by train and then come back from Basel or Strasbourg again by train. Will probably camp though I'm looking into cheap hotels / hostels / auberges etc and would prefer those to be honest if possible. Could be a mixture.

Daily distance is going to be around 70-80 kms / 40-50 miles. Much of the route is along the Loire valley and then the Loire / Saone / Rhine Canal so towpaths and small roads with a fair amount of dedicated cycle paths too. Fairly easy riding I think. I've done a lot of cycling in France - you can read some of my journals on Crazyguyonabike website.

Contact me if you're interested .. though I haven't decided totally about the dates or wanting a partner yet so bear that in mind please.

Andy Jeffries

Comments

• andyjef
    andyjef Posts: 53
    Amendment .... am also thinking of a mid July start but again still have an open mind .. and looking less at camping more at 'roof over my head' stuff !

Andy