Crudcatcher monthly ride (Afan)06/05/12

13»

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I only woke up an hour ago! Got spazwangled with the wife and then left my phone downstairs:roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I only woke up an hour ago! Got spazwangled with the wife and then left my phone downstairs:roll:

Fail even i turned up lol.
  • VWsurfbum
    Mate I was in such a mess this morning, went for a local ride and nearly puked on the first climb.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    Mate I was in such a mess this morning, went for a local ride and nearly puked on the first climb.
    would have fitted right in haha
  • VWsurfbum
    How was the conditions?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Poifict!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    good ride cheers guys nice to meet you all and cheers to NM for driving.. will be good to see Bails vids
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Thewaylander
    Was good fun to be out, nice to meet people's but did remind me why i gave up on Afan, and most trail center trails to be fair at the same time.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Yep, that was fun and defo worth breaking the usual habit of riding solo. The final decent was quite special and just so varied - I can see why you guys on the long-travel bikes really dig it - a real hoot.

Nice to put faces to posts, and shake to Gazlars sticky paw. Interesting to know Bails is only two miles away!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Squarepants
    Yea the long travel really makes up for the climbs when it goes down again, personally think Afan is a pleasure, bit of up, bit of down, good fun, job jobbed :D

All good riders too; bails surprised me on that HT 456 though, was pedalling to keep up at points :shock: (EDIT - that's on the major/rocky downs, he obviously destroyed me on all climbs and xc stuff)

Surf get out next time you sorry excuse
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • bails87

All good riders too; bails surprised me on that HT 456 though, was pedalling to keep up at points :shock: (EDIT - that's on the major/rocky downs, he obviously destroyed me on all climbs and xc stuff)

Cheers :D I think I was pretty near my limit on that final descent though, never had my legs feeling that fatigued on a downhill bit of trail.

I'm just putting the video together now, the camera was pointing down a bit too much, but it's not bad footage.
    MTB/CX

• Thewaylander
    bails87 wrote:

Cheers :D I think I was pretty near my limit on that final descent though, never had my legs feeling that fatigued on a downhill bit of trail.

I'm just putting the video together now, the camera was pointing down a bit too much, but it's not bad footage.

You putting a fair bit of pace on that little hard tail, carry speed well :)

If you fancied in June my house mates are away, could pile over, take you to FOD for some DH and then back to afan so we could hit the July trail (shortened skyline) prob the best trail at Afan. Though your legs will be numb by the end i think its like 3-4k of descending at the end! much more me, cos as you prob guessed i can never be bothered to pedal on descents lol
  • bails87
    The unedited final descent is going up here: http://youtu.be/6h7wj_me_bo (still an hour and a bit left).

I'll share the address of the 'highlights' once it's edited and uploading.
    MTB/CX

• bails87
    And the highlights will be here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJU9VbFAks
    MTB/CX

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    bails87 wrote:

Proper speed demon you are, that's why I'm always farked trying to keep up with you.

Good to meet you all though, nice to put faces to names too, even if it was you're faces ;) when we doing the next one?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    You weren't that far behind on that final descent though.

The second video had a 'special' moment while uploading, I'll try it again...
    MTB/CX

• Squarepants
    First vid was good, sgows the soeed well.. Ben and I out most weekends if we can and nice to get to a few different places so happy to ride whenever, June is likely to be disrupted for me as I'm out the country for most of it..

(mumble mumble stupid mumble wedding messing up my grumble riding plans.. :x )

Lets hope we have the spot on weather we did Sunday
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Was a great ride, lots of different abilites and fitness levels but still mamaged to ride as a group which was good!
    My legs were buggered yesterday though haha!
    I' not used to having to pedal the Canyon :lol:

Vids are uploading now, will post once done!
  • bails87
    bails87 wrote:
    And the highlights will be here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJU9VbFAks
    Scratch that. It's here:
    http://youtu.be/Q4ZYTyT9UIs
    MTB/CX

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    looked like a good day and it wasn't raining!!! sorry i couldn't make it but i was sat on a plane :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    Good work on the Vids!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bails87
    Yep, good vids there Ben.
    MTB/CX

• cheers, would make a mooooovie, but the fan has gone on my comp and gets rather annoying lol. I had to leave it on and go out while they uploaded :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Tiiiidy vids..

Looks quick too :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • campbellrae1
    campbellrae1 Posts: 182
    Just watched the vids, gutted I have been layed up with this bloody virus and had to miss it. Looks like it was a really good day for it! So, where and when for the next one :D ?
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1