Crudcatcher monthly ride (Afan)06/05/12

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Looks like i'm in. No Brother as i was going to drag him along.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • campbellrae1
    campbellrae1 Posts: 182
    I'm still working on getting a pass for the day as the GF has a cold and is treating it like a dose of man flu. I don't suppose anybody fancies a lift share from Hertford or anywhere on the way from that area?
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    I'll be there with my mrs and another couple...not sure what time though as we have to travel half way across the country to get there... and its my mate's birthday down the pub sat night :lol:

Hopefully bump into you guys at some point and put names and faces to internet personas...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • VWsurfbum
    I'm still working on getting a pass for the day as the GF has a cold and is treating it like a dose of man flu. I don't suppose anybody fancies a lift share from Hertford or anywhere on the way from that area?
    ill be coming from jct 28 on m25 going past south mims if that helps?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    It's a vague possibility for me at the moment, trying to get NM out too..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • campbellrae1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ill be coming from jct 28 on m25 going past south mims if that helps?

Will you be heading up and back on Sunday? That should make getting a pass a fair bit easier!

Never ridden at Afan before, how does The Wall compare to the likes of the 7 Stanes red or black routes?
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • VWsurfbum
    Yep there and back, no hanging around :wink: can't be out all day! Lol
    The wall is a good fun couple of hours, nothing mental or gnarly. Good xc fun :)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • campbellrae1
    Have you got a rough idea of what time you'll be passing South Mims in both directions? I'm guessing pretty early, like half 6 or 6? Sorry to ask so many questions, will help getting a pass if I know most of the details :oops:
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • VWsurfbum
    Roughly yep
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    , and also scared of heights,
    in places the steep-sided slopes can feel exposed
    http://www.afanforestpark.co.uk/default.aspx?page=6480
    :D

Ahh I'll, just keep looking ahead or walk, probably the late as I've got man fly kicking in........every time I ride with you Bailey I get I'll, gonna have to man through

Good to see a few coming though, I'll be there on the car park ten thirty, too won't miss me I'll be in the black and white stripey American barge.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • What route and what time?
    not sure if I can get a day pass yet, and I only have the canyon so will be a bit of a slow one lol!
  • VWsurfbum
    10:30, Afan, the wall.
    And all excuses for being slow are valid.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • campbellrae1
    I'm not going to make it :( Managed to catch whatever my GF had and I'm starting to wish I had been more sympathetic so I could get some lol. Oh well, you live and learn! Have fun guys.
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • VWsurfbum
    Right o.

Well at least I can't subject you too my early morning ramblings and driving music.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Oo riding the wall, tempted by this now.. 10.30 you say?
  • VWsurfbum
    Come on, you know you want to, you can inpress us with your mad skilz again! LOL
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Come on, you know you want to, you can inpress us with your mad skilz again! LOL

Bit fat and slow at the moment, but wasn't that much quicker on the downs "blush" do love 2 of the decents on the wall though :)
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Bit fat and slow at the moment, but wasn't that much quicker on the downs "blush" do love 2 of the decents on the wall though :)

I'm man flued up, cr@p and scared I'm going to fall off the mountain, so if anyone is going to hold us up its me. Come on all the cool kids will be there
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    Anyone be anoyed if I suggest cwm carn instead?
    Only because I've never been and done the wall lots?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    I'm easy, will turn up have no fear, i may even make it on time. I love Cwm so easy on riding both and far more likely to make Cwm on time lol.

Will keep tracking the thread :)
  • Gazlar
    I'm in the opposite body, I've not ridden the wall but I've ridden cwm lots, Bails is the same, I also know bails loathes cwmcarn, so I'm gonna stick to plan a on that basis
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Gazlar wrote:
    I'm in the opposite body, I've not ridden the wall but I've ridden cwm lots, Bails is the same, I also know bails loathes cwmcarn, so I'm gonna stick to plan a on that basis

Thats cos Bails has no taste and likes flat descents where you have to pedal :p
  • VWsurfbum
    Furry muff. See you in the am :)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Gazlar wrote:

Eh? I don't like CC because it's a featureless descent, but we can discuss that in person.

At Afan :wink:

Sorry VW, but as said I'm not a fan of CC, I'll go there for the social-ness, but I'd rather try Afan for the riding.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Eh? I don't like CC because it's a featureless descent, but we can discuss that in person.

Sorry VW, but as said I'm not a fan of CC, I'll go there for the social-ness, but I'd rather try Afan for the riding.

I'm gonna tease you all day for hating rocks :P and if you dislike Cwm for lack of features your gonna loath Afan.. it doesn't even really have rocks.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

I'm gonna tease you all day for hating rocks :P and if you dislike Cwm for lack of features your gonna loath Afan.. it doesn't even really have rocks.
    :lol: depends how much super gnar I bring!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    bails87 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

:lol: depends how much super gnar I bring!

Can kick my ass all day, doesn't matter will still tease about rocks :P if i like people i tease them muhaha

If anyone needs to get down from the Port tomorrow let know!
  • Will be there with Squarepants...