Eye pain after racing

Herbsman
Herbsman Posts: 2,029
edited April 2012 in Amateur race
This is a bit weird...

After today's race I stopped and took my glasses off. As soon as I took them off my tear ducts started stinging really painfully and I couldn't keep my eyes open. It felt like there was grit in my eyes. I put the glasses back on and the pain was reduced somewhat. I went back to the HQ and washed my face to get rid of any sweat or debris that might be stuck in me eyes. This didn't help at all. Now my tear ducts still hurt and they feel swollen. What could have caused this?
CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Too many tears of joy because you had won?

Seriously go get your eyes washed/checked out at your local MIU or eye clinic - no one here can tell you whats wrong here, this is not an Eye Infirmary forum and in any case, is it really that bad? you can type!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    mamba80 wrote:
    Too many tears of joy because you had won?

Seriously go get your eyes washed/checked out at your local MIU or eye clinic - no one here can tell you whats wrong here, this is not an Eye Infirmary forum and in any case, is it really that bad? you can type!
    It's possible that other people might have had a similar experience.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    I wouldn't be surprised if your tearducts had dried out from too much staring at the wheel in front.

I'd get it checked out (that and blink more).
  • hangeron
    hangeron Posts: 127
    I've had this...but it was after following a rider in a Team Schmoos fluorescent pink and yellow strip on a sunny winters morning back in the 90's.