iPad apps for training log ?

DonutDad
DonutDad Posts: 104
I've just begun training for a 104 mile event in June, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of any iPad apps that would work as a training log.
I'm keen to track my improvement after taking up cycling again after a long lay off (years), so I'm very interested in seeing how I improve from 0-104 miles over four months

thanks for any ideas

Comments

• You can download Pages as well as Numbers for iPad which are handy for keeping exercise plans in. Numbers has 3 different spreadsheets for sports in them. Hope this helps.
  • Have a look at "runkeeper", best opened in Firefox
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i have been looking for something similar however in the end i have just added all my training to the garmin log and map my rides. i like to see my training on a calendar etc so i can see how many days i have gone out and i have found those were the best ways to keep track of it all.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Girya
    Girya Posts: 23
    Look for a app called 'Bike Speeds', pretty basic but works
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Strava app

Wildly addictive, it compares you with other people locally as well as yourself...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • i use procycle apps, its great..
  • DonutDad
    Thanks all, I can see the advantages of GPS, maybe I'll have to invest... Is there a huge advantage to what say, a Garmin unit will give me over an app on my android phone (as far as working with Strava) ? or will my phone basically do the job?

I hadn't thought of Numbers to record a log, I think I'll get that anyway as I've been interested (6.99. bargain), makes it easy to show people what I've been up to, I carry the iPad with me everywhere.

Bruunloss, I followed your links out of interest as I'm primarily on a weight loss mission myself (220-185) - you are awesome man! Your goal ride around the country on a photographic adventure sounds unique (well, apart from the guy who already did it...), personal, idyllic and hugely rewarding for someone with your interests etc.
    Good Luck.
  • DonutDad
    So. I tried Strava today, with Android app on my phone and synched it when I got back.
    I'm hooked! it's brilliant!

highly recommended to anyone who finds this thread looking for similar feedback info from their ride.
    Loving segments, where it gives info on anyone who has ridden through your segment and their time - shows me exactly where I stand and how much room for improvement there is... i.e. plenty.

thanks for the tip NapoleonD