Andyrm's Bionicon Edison

andyrm
andyrm Posts: 550
edited March 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Well it's taken a while to get some images uploaded - more to follow but here we go for starters, taken about 6:30 this morning as I hit the Bristol trails! Higher def images by tomorrow :D

My second Bionicon, a custom build Edison with full 2012 hardware, replacing the awesome Edison Ltd I had before. Have also just reserved a Supershuttle too............

17csi9.jpg

oab14l.jpg

1zveza.jpg

2n9xfv8.jpg

Spec

Bionicon Edison Framekit (M) - upgraded PVA shock, 2012 G2 Gravilube 160mm fork, upgraded 2012 damper cartridge
Custom build Superstar wheels - Switch Evo hubs (15mm/10mm bolt through rear), Alex Supra 30 rims, Sapim spokes
Maxxis Advantage/Specialized Eskar tyres
SRAM X9 1x10 drivetrain
Truvativ Descendant Blackbox cranks, 165mm, 36t chainring
Superstar Plasma Device
Magura Louise Carbon BAT brakes
Superstar 203mm floating rotors
KS remote dropper post (to be fitted tonight!!)
Superstar grips & end caps

Absolutely mega-pleased with this beast. Weighs in just over 29lbs which is great for a 6" travel AM bike that hasn't been built deliberately light. Rides loads better than the old one, and that was a phenomenal bike!

Comments

• Very nice. How are you getting on with the Superstar wheels? I liked mine, although I did wish they had made more of an effort to drop some weight on that 10mm skewer, you could bludgeon a hippo with that thing. I'm sure about 9lbs of that 29lb weight is in the skewer ;)

There are almost as many Bionicons on here now as there are Canyons :shock:
  • andyrm
    Good point well made re: the rear 10mm skewer - it ain't light but it sure as hell does a solid job. Not that the girder-like rear triangle on the Edison needs much stiffening up :-)

Quite a few guys I ride with are aero engineers, so I am contemplating the options of getting a new axle machined out of Ti instead.......

New KS remote post fitted now and tested this morning - so pleased with the overall setup now!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Thats very tidy, they seem to be the kind of bike that you just can't stop looking at, that chains a nice touch, how long do you think it will stay that colour ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • andyrm
    I had a white chain on my old bike too - really good idea as not only does it look pimp as hell but it's also mega-easy to ensure your drivechain is clean. I replace my chain every 30 rides anyway so it gets swapped out before it gets a chance to look too tatty :D