Scotland Road Trip videos GOPRO HD

2»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    (FWIW I did 2 of my runs at the fort at the weekend with the camera bar mounted, it didn't move an inch. Some of the footage is naturally very bumpy just because the bike's being knocked around like a pinball but you can pull some cool shots from it. Rearward facing to get your body position and face adds a bit of interest to the film rather than the usual mix of forward shots. I've never crashed yet with the camera facing backwards but I reckon it could be pretty cool, looking forward to it ;) )

I reckon bumpy footage is worth leaving in sometimes- really smooth footage feels like you're hovering down the trail and can make things seem featureless, leaving in a few seconds of the camera kicking all over the place gives an impression of impacts and riding IMO.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,066
    I've got one clip from the bar mounted and it doesn't seem too bad. Might give the helmet mount a test tonight if I manage to get a ride in.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Helmet mount is alright, as you got your body and the bike as suspension it smooths a lot out so makes for easier viewing, but ruins the perspective of speed most of the time.

Chest mount is interesting, as well, that seems usually juddery as hell but like NW said gives you a feel for how bumpy it is and gives a better perspective of the speed you're doing but then makes viewing in my opinion pretty bad.

I've ordered a roll bar mount so it'll clip to the downtubes etc so I can get some interesting angles in.
  • cavehill
    cavehill Posts: 126
    I have seen some footage from a roll bar mount attached to the downtube and toptube that looked pretty cool. I might give the handle bar mount ago again sometime see what I can get from it.

The boom on helmet mount looks pretty cool I would love to rig up something and try it
  • cavehill
    cavehill Posts: 126
    I've ordered a roll bar mount so it'll clip to the downtubes etc so I can get some interesting angles in.

Have you got any footage yet of the roll bar Mount?