Hip pain?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
i'm guessing this is the best place for this.....

ive been experiencing "love sack" ache, been to the docs an he checked me out an said everything is fine "down there" however the pain seems to travel between my "spuds" an my hip

the pain in my hip seems deep inside my hip not like skin deep - if that makes sense. also pain varies between dull ache to quite sharp

ive been reading about IT Band Syndrome but that effects your whole leg doesn't it? besides my hip my leg is fine

my pain is just across from my hip to my groin

i'm probably doing about 30miles per day commuting an have been for over a year, nothing has changed regarding bike or set up

anyone any ideas?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Your muscles maybe out of balance.The glutes and hams maybe quite developed and tight a common thing amongst cyclists and your core maybe weak.
    Hence the stress on your weaker front core.
    Visit a PHYSIO to get the correct fix.Only £30-£40 an hour
    Or go doctors again and ask he sends you to a physio and it`s free but will take two weeks ish to get your appointment.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Or if you have private medial insurance, sort it through there.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,874
    If I'm reading your symptoms correctly (pain starting in the testicles and spreading up towards the hip) my guess would be epididymitis. Is it a dull intermittent ache as if someone is squeezing the testicle then letting go which then spreads up towards the groin / hip / lower abdomen area? I get the same and I think that epididymitis is the likely cause but it goes away for a while everytime I think about getting it checked out. Seems to be most frequent when I drive a lot of miles with me. Or possibly a hernia?
  • Deep pain is something yu should check out I think. Not a medic nor a bloke. If it was me I'd suspect ovary problems :shock: but with you I'd suspect something wrong/inflamed with your 'family jewels' or as suggested - a hernia of some kind. Get a second opinion? Especially if you feel at all unwell/out of sorts when it is worst.
  • Perversely could also be your back with referred pain........or a hip joint problem........or an iliofemoral tunnel syndrome.......or......

Bottom line get back to a doctor and have a proper check up.

Lastly if there isn't an obvious cause insist on a testicular ultrasound. Palpating has its place(!) but is far from foolproof.