Light and Motion solite 150 Light

mooseface2r
mooseface2r Posts: 88
edited January 2012 in Commuting general
Does anyone use this light for riding in the dark on unlit roads, just brought one but not sure if its going to be up to scratch and wondered if anyones got first hand experience?
thanks

Comments

• I just lent my Auriga P7 900lumen (£35) to a hill waliking buddy and had to suffer a a mere Niterider (£200) front light for a week. I enjoyed the twin beamness, but rode home tonight in pure bedazzelement having my 'man-torch' back.

I've got a friend that works for a company that supply a 2K lumen cree led and I'm got me two of those for nightriding offroad. It'll require a bit of home soldering and fettling, but I reckon the trees/flowers at 'tress will enjoy the photosynthesis as I pass. I have dreams about plants bursting into flower as I fly past at midnight in beautiful frosty Scotland. :-) Will post updates as/when this happens.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks for the links, surely someone uses this light though?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    It depends how well you know the roads. 150 lumens is enough if you're familiar with the roads and just need to see enough to avoid new obstacles and be seen by. If you're planning on riding unfamiliar roads - especially with fast descents - it's not enough. I use the L&M Vis 360 which has a similar light unit but only 110 lumens and have combined it with a Hope 1 light. I ran both most of the time on a lower setting.

There's some silly amounts of power available and talked about. A lot of it is really unnecessary. I did a winter 24 hour MTB enduro with 600 lumens and I was one of the brightest lights out there - despite there being some very fast sweeping descents. Average power was between 250-400 lumens I'd say judging by the lights I saw.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It is a terrible light - well, is light as in weight, but for the money the output is astonishingly low, without doubt the worst light I have ever had my hands on at this price. Many 5 quid torches output more.