Help me with my A-Level please

thegiantbiker
thegiantbiker Posts: 212
edited December 2011 in The hub
For my A-Level Extended project, I have to do a research task and do an essay-style report. The larger my sample, the better my data, so I would be hugely grateful if you could take 5 minutes (if that) out of your day to help me.

The survey is about whether the music we listened to when we were young has an effect on what we like now.

The survey is on surveymonkey here

Thanks in advance,

TGB
Big guy; small air!

Comments

• Might want to say what its abouttt..
  • Also, using google doc's for a survey isn't a great idea... use something like SurveyMonkey.

And, not trying to be harsh, but thats a fairly terrible survey... especially for A-Level... What are you trying to achieve?
  • Yeah, have since uploaded survey to surveymonkey, will edit original post. Up until now I didn't know about sites like surveymonkey.
    Big guy; small air!
  • Also, using google doc's for a survey isn't a great idea... use something like SurveyMonkey.

And, not trying to be harsh, but thats a fairly terrible survey... especially for A-Level... What are you trying to achieve?

Without wanting to hijack the thread? What is wrong with google doc's?

I used it for my dissertation. It was perfect. It automatically puts the data into spreadsheets and allows you to view trends in the data as you're going along. My tutor actively encouraged its use. Why isn't it a great idea?

But I have to agree, going on the info you've posted, I'm not sure I understand how the data gained from that survey will help.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    There is a lot wrong with the construction of this survey

Your two key questions rely on free text for their answers, making it very hard to analyse the answers

Several of your questions have two elements to them i.e. what’s your current favourite song or artist. That should really be two separate questions.

You use vague terms like “lots” and “one or two” which aren’t specific enough and may confuse the person taking the survey

Your age range only goes up to 80

What is “chart music” ? not a genre last time I checked

My suggestion is that you do some research online around survey creation. The results from this survey will be vague and inconclusive.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I have to agree with the above comments, the survey needs overhauling.