New Graeme Obree book - can't find it!

San Marzano
San Marzano Posts: 132
Anybody know if this book has been published yet?
Thanks

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Amazon don't have it so it's not out yet ?
    What's it about ?
  • New training manual - apparently...........
  • It's a training manual, and it's only available via Graham's own website, apparently. Currently the link just gives an "Information Coming Soon" filler page.

There's a bit more info, along with a bit of background on Phil Jones' blog.
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Published this coming weekend apparently

http://road.cc/content/news/49071-graem ... nd-extract
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Seems like it's only from his website as mentioned earlier.
  • Its £30..........bleedin' ell!
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    I think Im going to bite the bullet and part with 30 notes for this on saturday. If you know the Graeme Obree story you know hes well deserving of your cash in return for something that promises to be a great read. The bloke didn't make a fortune out of his cycling exploits like Boardman did from the same era and ts not written by a yank so there shouldn't be too much bs in there just to pad the book out either.
  • Garz
    HiMoz wrote:
    I think Im going to bite the bullet and part with 30 notes for this on saturday. If you know the Graeme Obree story you know hes well deserving of your cash in return for something that promises to be a great read. The bloke didn't make a fortune out of his cycling exploits like Boardman did from the same era and ts not written by a yank so there shouldn't be too much bs in there just to pad the book out either.

I agree, may treat myself to this too. Top it off if you get him to sign it at one of the signings he's doing.
  • I just bought a copy from the man himself!

If anyone's in Glasgow, get yourself along to the Alpine Bikes (the one in that Tiso shop, round the corner form Dales Cycles). Think he's there 'til 4pm today.
  • Garz
    Was a bit gutted to see with postage its £33.71 :shock:
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    Garz wrote:

That's more than £6 cheaper than the Dragon Ride; I think I know which is probably better value.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Garz wrote:
    "a bit gutted"? Come on, either you were completely gutted or you weren't. There are no half measures.

The insight of a World Champion, Hour record holder and champion time triallist for the price of a decent tyre (or a decent book)? I agree, he's taking the p1ss, the money-grabbing bastard.

:roll:
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Simon E wrote:
    Garz wrote:
    "a bit gutted"? Come on, either you were completely gutted or you weren't. There are no half measures.

The insight of a World Champion, Hour record holder and champion time triallist for the price of a decent tyre (or a decent book)? I agree, he's taking the p1ss, the money-grabbing bastard.

:roll:

Dear God different people have different views on what is an appropriate price for something is. Shocking :roll:
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    doyler78 wrote:
    Dear God different people have different views on what is an appropriate price for something is. Shocking :roll:
    I know, terrible isn't it :(

I'm not sure I'll recover in time for Christmas!
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.