Forks/headset

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited October 2011 in Road buying advice
can anyone recommend a decent headset to go with these forks. Ta.

Forks
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it depends on the frame more than the forks.

what fitting is the frame?

but to answer your question with the provided info.

a 1 1/8th one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cheers NL, i've seen your replies to other questions on forks and things so i really value your advice.

its like this

bike

The headset on it at the mo is a mish mash of alpina and ambrosio's own.

The guy at the LBS said its best to get a new headset to ensure all the parts work together. So i'm guessing I'm looking for a hidden headset, but are they all the same, do they offer the same quality and also what does the 45 x 45 refer to.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Well, that page you linked to says your frame is compatible with Campagnolo-type integrated headsets. That would be something like this: http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... ards#campy
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Suitable headsets for your frame can be had from about £15 to £80. You pay more for higher quality / more durable bearings. I find Ritchey WCS are a good compromise between price and durability - I have a couple that see all sorts of abuse on CX bikes and still come out shiny and grit-free.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..