Planet X very impressive customer service.

jonathan2
jonathan2 Posts: 78
edited October 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi, as I read so often on the forum negative comments about bike shops I feel it suitable to mention my positive experiences with Planet X.
In short, I ordered a frame from their clearance range - upon its delivery (for which the delivery company texted me in the morning giving me a 30min delivery window which they met) - I noticed some slight damage. Emails followed. All my emails were answered fully and very quickly - never longer than 24hours and often within an hour.
Throughout the communication they were very helpful and an agreement was reached that provided a win win situation.
I would like to thank them but also recommend them as a company with good / excellent customer service. And I don't work for them (I live near London) - just think it is important to give credit where credit is due.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Can I ask what the resolution was?

It just sounds very strange that you're praising a company for supplying damaged goods - that doesn't encourage me to go and buy a Planet-X really.

Was this damage caused in transit??
  • Can I ask what the resolution was?

It just sounds very strange that you're praising a company for supplying damaged goods - that doesn't encourage me to go and buy a Planet-X really.

Was this damage caused in transit??

Mercedes Sprinter
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I think with P-X the customer service is very dependent on who deals with the problem. Their Bike to Work guy for example is a total waste of space, but some of the other guys are excellent.
    More problems but still living....
  • Hi,
    The item was a used item and the issue was that I would not have described the item as excellent due to some marks. (planet X had described the item as excellent). They had not noticed the slight damage. I agree that this was not ideal and boils down to what can be described as 'excellent'. However, atleast 3 different guys replied to me throughout my 'emailing' (as mentioned above - very quickly and very helpfully).
    The point being - I was not a happy bunny, but due to their customer service, I became a happy bunny!
  • Forgot to say, the resolution was that I would return the item and recieve the same item but brand new and at a discount.
  • Planet-x have been spot on with me, especially with the set up and delivery of my bike and also returning and swapping jerseys etc if the sizing has been off (so i told myself). Sounds like it depends on who you get at the other end of the email.