Thieving little barstewards!

NGale
NGale Posts: 1,866
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
In a way thankfully not my bike, but the bike of one of my cadets was stolen last night from outside the unit.

We actually did the whole thing of 'are you sure you left it there?' and checked everywhere in the unit including the heads (toilets) !

So one upset cadet who now no longer has transport to get to school or do his paper round, one annoyed mother (it's the second bike he's had taken) and one very peed off me who has sworn if I get hold of the little scroats along with the rest of the detachment will make sure they regret it.

I am more annoyed at the fact they have taken a kids bike who relies on it as his only form of transport, it wasn't as though it was in great condition or an expensive bike, but it was still someones only way of getting around.

I am not going to quietly seath in the corner :evil: :evil: :evil:
Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men

Comments

• Leave a honey trap with a tracking device there next week.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Grim news.

I think the massive problem of theft receives far too little attention. For me, it's by far the biggest reason not to get on the bike. There are too many journeys where it's simply not worth taking the bike with me.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Leave a honey trap with non-functioning propulsion (e.g. loose chain) & hide in bushes with masks & baseball bats there next week.

Fixed for my feelings about thieves & "behavioural therapy" techniques....
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Do you have authority to order an air strike on the suspected individual(s)?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,721
    cjcp wrote:

I think NGale's more of a 'shelling from offshore' kinda girl
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Bring back the cat :evil:
  • rjsterry wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

I think NGale's more of a 'shelling from offshore' kinda girl

Nuke from orbit, its the only way to be sure...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Oh dear, we seem to have shot the little f*ckers.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Perhaps they could perform some sea shanty and dance routine to entice the little scroats back for a good ol' Navy type kicking.....as we all know the the Nazy is the most musical of all the forces.

Screen-shot-2011-08-05-at-2.19.05-PM.png

The sort of kicking that these guys might hand out.....
  • NGale
    next week we shall be parading with rifles :twisted:

or if I can get hold of a landing craft I feel a full on armed landing at the Quayside is in order :lol:
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    NGale wrote:

or if I can get hold of a landing craft I feel a full on armed landing at the Quayside is in order :lol:

Suggest using baseball bats;

As an ex-Navy collegue once told me; He was on guard duty and issued with an SA80 (live ammunition). As he was, by his own admission, useless with a gun as it is not something the Navy really train for - he asked his CO if he could be issued with a baseball bat instead........
  • rjsterry
    NGale wrote:

You say that like it's just a case of writing your name on the right list on the mess notice board.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Leave a honey trap with a ticking device there next week.

fixed it for you
  • NGale
    gtvlusso wrote:
    NGale wrote:

As an ex-Navy collegue once told me; He was on guard duty and issued with an SA80 (live ammunition). As he was, by his own admission, useless with a gun as it is not something the Navy really train for - he asked his CO if he could be issued with a baseball bat instead........

well you know they say there are only two things a Royal Marine is scared of. An officer with a map and a matlot with a rifle :lol:
  • NGale
    rjsterry wrote:
    NGale wrote:

You say that like it's just a case of writing your name on the right list on the mess notice board.

well you could say that I have contacts...it's called living with a Marine Engineer who works at a RM barracks :wink::lol:
  • rjsterry
    "Does anyone mind if I borrow this frigate for the weekend?"

<checks wall planner>

"Are the keys in the usual place in the left-hand draw?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• NGale
    rjsterry wrote:
    "Does anyone mind if I borrow this frigate for the weekend?"

<checks wall planner>

"Are the keys in the usual place in the left-hand draw?

ahhh don't need to borrow a frigate when you can buy one off the MOD disposals website :lol:

although if I could get myself a couple of quality engines I could go for one of these instead http://www.edisposals.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Disposals-Public-Site/en_US/-/GBP/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=MieqQ4wkQg8000ArvQ_8K1sp0000bPmeqcW0?ProductUUID=hjTAqBIQH7sAAAEskcZaBeSf&CatalogCategoryID=uW7AqBELbsEAAAD_vUBpc4dn&JumpTo=OfferList

I like the fact it has a full service history :lol:
  • rjsterry
    Cold War chic?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Bring back the cat :evil:

The cadet lost a bike, not a pussy cat - can't you read :wink:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    NGale wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    NGale wrote:

well you know they say there are only two things a Royal Marine is scared of. An officer with a map and a matlot with a rifle :lol:

Or John Barrowman
  • I saw a bloke today acting really suspiciously around a set of bike stands today in Victoria. He wandered around and looked at the stands from every direction as if checking out how they were locked up. Then wandered to the next set 10m down the road and did the same. I took a pic on the phone and mentioned him to the guys in Cyclesurgery which is nearby so that if they hear of anyone's bike being nicked, there's a possible suspect.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you set up some kind of fund online, I'll chip in the first £10 to go towards buying the little chap a new bike.

Don't know how you could do it, but can't be too hard what with Paypal.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Was the bike locked up? Where was it left? How did the thief get to it?
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • RichardSwt wrote:
    If you set up some kind of fund online, I'll chip in the first £10 to go towards buying the little chap a new bike.

Don't know how you could do it, but can't be too hard what with Paypal.

I could donate my old BSO I can measure it later , just needs a new set of brakes I think. is there a bikeradar postal service .

and in reply to the other posts about the SA80, ITS NOT A GUN its a bloody rifle. guns are huge things artillerymen fire shells out of.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • NGale
    pst88 wrote:
    Was the bike locked up? Where was it left? How did the thief get to it?
    locked, left outside the window of my office within the unit compound which you have to walk across a gravel parade ground to get to.