Lake Garda - Riva

Blue Parker
Blue Parker Posts: 37
edited October 2011 in Routes
Hi anyone been mountain biking in Riva area - off there next week, been given the name of a bike shop to hire a bike and told they do some routes, but don't want to end up on a gentle tour of the sites. Only doing a few rides as there with the good lady and supposed to be relaxing.... :D
Trance x5
Trek 4500 (toddler chariot)

Comments

• I may be spending some time in the coffee shop :wink:
    Trance x5
  • Its a good shop, there is also another very good shop directly opposite in Torbole. The Italians as you would expect are very much into their clothing and the selection is far greater than you would find in a similar UK shop.
  • Got back the other week, I hired a bikde from Garda Bike Shop (on main drag just out side of Riva. Only 25 Euros for a GT 150mm full suspension (I think a Force 2). Took it directly over the mountain from Riva to Lake Ledro(?) hell of a climb (pushing and riding where possible). Absolutely insane decent the other side with baby head rocks, so steep couldn't even keep the back wheel on the floor in places - bailing once or twice. The ride back from Lake Ledro on the old coast road is something to behold... Very reminiscent of the opring sequence of the Italian job - I can hear Matt Monroe even now... Thankfully no mafia types with a bulldozer- total trip 6.5hrs with a 1700m climb and descent. Highly recommend.
    Trance x5
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    Riva del Garda, good place.
    My Mum lives there, so I've been there regularly for decades, hundreds of times.
    No need to look for bike shop, there are so many around you wouldn't miss them even if you were blind.

From Riva to Lago di Ledro is good. but there are better ones. One of my fav is from Riva to Santa Barbara (up from Bolognano). Very long and very steep. And then up to Passo Bordala, down to Villa lagarina, and back to Riva.

The climb Trento-Bondone is also worth dying for.

Damn I now live in a flat country. I just want to climb :(