LIDL again - 5th September

2»

Comments

• Got some bib tights.... Bit odd fitting only M left so tried them t a 38-40 chest. They're actually big in the body area but quite tight round my thighs. Not sure if they will loosen up a tad or not.

Will give them a try and see how it goes. Coolant pad but the bob bit is a very light Lycra and the leg is a stif thick non stretchy material.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,435
    I went, I stocked up on Parmesan.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    ^^^^ haven't bought that in a while :)

I bought spoke reflectors, glasses and long socks. Wasn't too sure about the glasses as I assumed one of the lenses would be clear, however I'll use the yellow ones tomorrow and see what happens.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Wasn't too sure about the glasses as I assumed one of the lenses would be clear, however I'll use the yellow ones tomorrow and see what happens.

Ah, the old "wee-coloured lenses"? Generally, they make things appear brighter and increase contrast for me (still prefer clear when it's actually night though!). Not tried the Lidl ones though, so YMMV
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I do have a pair of clear protective glasses I bought over a year ago from a builders' merchants, but it is a tad large for my titch face so was hoping for something smaller. Does the job though.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    rf6 wrote:
    Got one of the trackpumps at work as i back up. i struggle to get beyond 90psi with it, but that's good enough to get me home. for a few quid, well worth it imo.
    [...]

You got a good one; my colleague bought one yesterday and he didn't even manage one stroke- the lever on the valve attachment part broke off. He's now planning to save up for a decent one.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    great - I only wanted socks, but the only thing they didn't have was socks in my size!!

Had to console myself with one of the tops.....
  • V. interested in the spoke reflectors (seen a couple of videos on youtube). Anyone know whether the spoke reflectors will fit the 16" wheels on a Brompton?

Though at that price I'll just pick them up and add to my road bike (when I get one).
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i got the spoke reflectors, they are cool...almost hypnotic
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Bought the pump - it broke on my second go with it. Got the refund today. Oh well.

Also bought a cycling jersey .. good fit and it's going well.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    IMAG0135.jpg
    Wheel reflectors in action.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    ZoomZoom wrote:
    V. interested in the spoke reflectors (seen a couple of videos on youtube). Anyone know whether the spoke reflectors will fit the 16" wheels on a Brompton?

Though at that price I'll just pick them up and add to my road bike (when I get one).

Yep, they're only short, I could probably fit at least 3 on a 'normal' spoke.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    ZoomZoom wrote:
    V. interested in the spoke reflectors (seen a couple of videos on youtube). Anyone know whether the spoke reflectors will fit the 16" wheels on a Brompton?

I got some first time round and put them on every forth spoke so had some left over and cut them down to go right on the hub, a decent pair of scissors will do the job.

Here they are in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBBf25j_Cwo
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Bought the pump - it broke on my second go with it. Got the refund today. Oh well.

How did it break? This will be the third LIDL pump I've had (I'm a sucker for punishment) but this seems to be a different design from the other two. The second one I had blew the tube out of the base when it got hot because it only seemed to be glued in. Also the valve clamp thingy always shreds around the inside making it impossible to push onto the valve after a couple of goes, although you can replace these.
  • Re: Broke Pump.

Wish I'd photo'd it before taking it back.

It was the plastic head that broke (the part that you attach to the bike's valve). The plastic around the metal spindle (for the little plastic lever that you use to seal the head to the valve) failed and a chunk of plastic came off - the spindle then half came out and so theres no way to attach it to the bike valve.

The plastic failed on one side but I could see a fracture line on the other side too. IMHO the plastic is too thin and appears to be too brittle around the spindle for the forces it has to handle.

strava profile
  • Re: Broke Pump.

Wish I'd photo'd it before taking it back.

It was the plastic head that broke (the part that you attach to the bike's valve). The plastic around the metal spindle (for the little plastic lever that you use to seal the head to the valve) failed and a chunk of plastic came off - the spindle then half came out and so theres no way to attach it to the bike valve.

The plastic failed on one side but I could see a fracture line on the other side too. IMHO the plastic is too thin and appears to be too brittle around the spindle for the forces it has to handle.

strava profile
  • Got panniers from Lidl a couple of months ago and they're brilliant ! Gloves and winter trousers too last week .. really impressed with it. Compared to prices you can pay it's good enough ! :)
    Road:Giant SCR3
    Commuting: Giant TCX2