MTB Jerseys and Base Layers for the Recession?

2»

Comments

• Yeah, sucks. But if we can get up that killer hill faster, it's worth it. :D
    Big guy; small air!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I can get UP hills without complaints, but I never said I was quick at it :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    But it seems lots of shorts/trousers are made for skinny legs in general.

See, now I'm skinny and I'd say most clothes are made for chunkier monkeys!

It must be that they're making stuff for 'average' people, there can't be many of those around! :lol:

What I did find odd was the difference between Endura Humvees and Endura Singletracks, the Humvees in a medium are a bit tight, and the Singletracks in a small are a bit too baggy :?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Maybe I'll have to take a look at the endura singletracks sometime.
    Big guy; small air!
  • This is a typical example, if this was a cycling top you could double the price tag.

http://shop.adidas.co.uk/product/QX665/ ... detail.jsf

Got one at the retail shop for £25 high quality indeed.
    Rideing a Canyon XC Nerve 6.0,

Cheers Geordie.
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    Personally I'll buy stuff that works rather than for the way it looks,,, whatever I think offers the best value, whether it costs a lot of money, or just pocket money.
    And cheap doesn't have to mean nasty. I've bought some clothing from Aldi and Lidle and they've been excellent. I have an Aldi zip up top which has been out in all weathers, suffered numerous offs and is still in great condition after 2 years.

My Endura shorts are still in good nick and are just really comfortable and practical to boot. They cost a lot more than my budget shorts but I love the fit and all the pockets and stuff you get with them. My cheaper Aldi shorts don't even have any pockets!

And sometimes paying more doesn't always get you better quality. A pair of Gore gloves started looking really tatty after less than a years use, whereas my current Endura gloves are still tip top.

So it's not always 'yer pays yer money and takes yer choice'.

Mountain bike gear gets a lot of abuse so comfort, oerformance, practicality and quality are more important (to me) than looks... so long as it means I don't look like some of those nobbers on MBUK... WTF is it with some of those guys... is it for a bet that they wear some of that gear?

Be handy if some of the stuff could look good 'off the bike'
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    without a doubt.

performance > price > make
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    with a little further thought....

felix.london pretty much sums it up....

I am prepared to drop many notes on something that performs flawlessly.
    I am prepared to drop notes on things that have a good price.
    I never blow my wad on make/brand.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Even if it's a brand that you know, from previous experience offers superb performance or durability (or whatever else)?
    I'm all in favour of a bargain, but if I see an unknown item, which is not much cheaper than a brand I've had great experience with, I'd actually pay the extra for peace of mind.
  • S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    I don't think you could beat the Sports Direct Karrimoor stuff, its so cheap its almost disposable.
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Be hard to beat Merino wool though.........
    Don't think, BE: