Crank arm lengths?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,553
Been riding 172.5mm for years. I am 5'8 and a half feet tall.
After a lot of Gym work to strengthen the legs (long term illness) I cannot spin the gear as easily as I used (despite lots and lots of stretching) to but I feel that I have more strength available and theoretically a lot more leverage, yes/no?
Very little info on crank arm lengths, however modern cyclists spin the gear far more than they used to. I am happy at 70-90 pedal cadence with no intention of competitive events and eyes on that holy ground like the Telegraphe, some time in the future, just 'cos its there.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    wtf? have you forgot to take your medication?
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    Your height means nothing. Its the leg length that determines crank length. You must use what is comfortable for you. Try a google "crank length". Lots and lots to help you there. Some sympathy for previous contribution though because of information overload. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    andy shelck is 6 '2 and rides the same length cranks as you ,,im nearly 6ft and ride 170 cranks after ridng 172's ,since switching ive noticed that i can turn the crank over quicker and its easer when riding on my 11 0r 12 cog ,,,i think the gym strength will help to a certain extent but just riding your bike will make the most difference ,,,
    good luck with the riding