Industrial Gearboxes

dabbleonabike
dabbleonabike Posts: 119
edited August 2011 in The hub
Anyone know anything about them?

I'm currently on a job where we need to remove a gearbox and i'm having a spot of bother. Are there any engineers/ maintenace people in the house who might be able to help, dont want to go into it all now because its a big job but if someone thinks they can help i'l post my problems and pictures.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, yes, but there are precisely found hundred and thirty two thousand million (and a half - long story) different types of gearboxes in the world. A little more details would be beneficial.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hammer. Big one. The solution to everything.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    cooldad wrote:
    Hammer. Big one. The solution to everything.

if not add HEAT and a BIGGER hammer.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    And if that fails, get the BIGGEST hammer.
  • nicklouse
    no. that aint big enough

you may have to use a MC HAMMER
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Anonymous
    Dammit, I was leaving a comedic pause before bringing captain baloonpants himself in. Now you'd gone and spoilt it.
  • nicklouse
    HAMMER TIME
  • Anonymous
    :lol:

mchammer.gif
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    STOP!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Does anyone know what time it is?
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Let us know what vehicle and what engine/gearbox and I might be able to help. I have a lot of experience on commercial / Plant / tracked vehicles.

But the most common reason for not being able to remove a gearbox is you've missed a hidden bolt!
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)