Losing my (green) Edge...

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2011 in Pro race
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/chi ... 1i1h7.html?

They'll start announcing their signing of a bunch of b-list Aussies and unknown east Europeans next week.

Don't worry Leopard, you've only got a few more months of being a hate figure.

:wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• csp
    csp Posts: 777
    What does this mean, then? I don't seem to be able to read between the lines. Is this going to be another failure, like Pegasus?
  • Oz Chief
    Oz Chief Posts: 176
    How is it any different to the conception of Team Sky, besides not being British.

If you were to line up all of Britain's top cyclists, they would nearly all be in Team Sky with the exception of Cavendish & Millar. Not to mention that when Flecha and EBH are going well, they are honorary British citizens to forum members of that same citizenship.

So if we drew the same links to a possible Australian team:
    It seems there would be no point trying to get Evans, Rogers, O'Grady. Depends on their individual contracts I suppose. Davis & Gerrans maybe.

Looking at the next line of Aussie riders.
    Goss & Renshaw - with HTC possibly folding and Cav to Sky, could be a good move for them. Will probably end up as successful as Ciolek though.
    Porte, Matthews, Meyer Brothers, Bobridge are all riders with potential.
    To score maybe 4 or so rider of that ilk will give a squad to build around for the future whether for sprints/classics (Goss, Renshaw, Matthews, Haussler) or for stage racing (Porte)

The aim should be not to get too Nationalistic. Sky have managed a good balance.
    Compare that to Katusha at the tour this year. All Russian, no good.