Happy Wednesday!!!! Halfway there (almost)

2»

Comments

• Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    supersonic wrote:
    Bah! Someone seems to have inflated my tonsils and various other glands in my neck and throat. Bastard, f*ck and choice swear words.

is your hayfever so bad that just the talk of flowers and you're reaching for the Piriton?!

:?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I need morphine lol. Just hoping it is not a return of the dreaded glandular fever, the bane of my life.
  • Kaise
    I'll be the bane of your life in a minute :D
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Mmmm, yop yoghurt drink, sooothing!
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    Just losing the will to live at work at the mo, so am looking for French holidays for the clan this summer, funny how I have no problem spending a grand on a frame, but begrudgingly spend that for a week in a "mobil-home comfort"

The wife also want to go to Paris for our anniversary in Octoboer and I've started to look at how much it's going to rob me.. HOW MUCH.. which means that my September trip to the 7 Stanes may have to be cancelled :evil:
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    haar haar! Whilst all you loosers work, I'm being paid for watching movies, and mocking the students from this day forth! At least until Friaday. Then 6 weeks off based almost entierly around riding.

No week has ever dragged as long as this :(
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    GhallTN6
    i can see a simple compromise here, Tell her that the scenic beauty and tranquility of the stanes is far better than the hustle and bustle of the stink pit paris.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Or better still, point out that Paris is, in fact a giant toilet, then take her to Rhyl and scrape her gravy boat out with your pink spatula
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • GhallTN6
    I don't know why she's got this romantic thing of sitting in a skinking Paris cafe with an extortionately expensive glass of whine, cause I'll be either grumpy as hell or getting bollocked for looking at things I shouldnt be looking at :wink:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    GhallTN6 wrote:
    .... getting bollocked for looking at things I shouldnt be looking at :wink:

The only things to look at are endless queues at the museums, grumpy french waiters, illegal imigrants or floating turds. A great myth exists around the view that all french women in Paris are cute nymphos, and it really is a myth.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • GhallTN6
    Damn, I really don't want to go now, and defo not for three days, surely the lake district will be a better idea!
  • Gazlar
    Add to that filthy, graffited streets and hassle everywhere, never have I had so many people try to beg, con and steal off me as I did in 3 days in Paris. Twice I caught people trying to open my bag when stopped to cross the road and I've lost count of how many "I need a euro someone has stolen my purse" tricks bouffant American ladies tried. Yeah some is nice, like the place de la Concorde but it's queues and more queues, actually the febch don't queue, they converge making queueing worse. It's interesting enough, like there's interesting bits to Birmingham or Glasgow or Hull, but seriously Paris is neither relaxing or Romantic.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    just found out there's redundancies happening next tuesday at my company..as there's only 11 of us who work here it's quite likely i might be one of them....

arse!!
  • Gazlar
    Cack, sorry to hear that Kev. If it's any use they're after trainee conductors with arriva trains Wales at Cardiff. Think it closes tommorra or fri, not bad money
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Paris is awful, they paint the eifel tower s@it brown.
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • welshkev
    Gazlar wrote:
    Cack, sorry to hear that Kev. If it's any use they're after trainee conductors with arriva trains Wales at Cardiff. Think it closes tommorra or fri, not bad money

cheers gaz, that's not bad money is it. but i don't think i could put up with all the idiots you get on trains trying to avoid paying etc.

just done a quick calculation and there's only 8 of us work at my place, my odds are shortening all the time! :? :lol:
  • Gazlar
    I couldn't remember if it was you or el cap that had said they always wanted to work on the railway. It's not that bad, I did it for 3 years and I'm a bleeder not a fighter, we just refused to check tickets after dark ;)

actually I just did very little
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2011
    welshkev wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

cheers gaz, that's not bad money is it. but i don't think i could put up with all the idiots you get on trains trying to avoid paying etc.

just done a quick calculation and there's only 8 of us work at my place, my odds are shortening all the time! :? :lol:

Well there were 16 candidates for the apprentice, the way I see it is you have to be either the most lovely, likeable person ever, like Tom. Or you have to be ruthless, push yourself to the top of the pile, shout people down, big yourself up and control the situtaion using your Sith (they would be Jedi skills but your actions will sort of be evil so sith is more appropriate) mind skills

Edit: Disclaimer. My advice will probably won't help, in fact it may do more harm than good. If it does work I take paypal, cash and cheque.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    welshkev wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Ive been through this twice, not nice. In non CC mode, I don't know what you do, but if possible big up your training, experience, compliments etc and have them all to hand if you have a group HR meeting, then ask for another outside of this.

1st time I kept my job, 2nd time I managed a years salary through compromise agreement.

Plus in non CC mode, dig up as much s**t as you can about other staff.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    P.S. I also take CRC/Merlin vouchers, but not Wiggle/Evans as I don't like paying anywhere near RRP.
  • welshkev
    cheers for the advice guys. there's only actually 3 of us that do my job. i went through this about 8 months ago where they laid a guy off who does the same job as me but he was a weak link.

of the 3 of us left we're all about the same ability and skill level and they're good guys. i think the descision has already been made (it was last time) it's just going through the motions. there are other people who i think may go before us because without me and the other 2 guys they'll spend more money on sub-contractors/freelancers anyway.

just a pain not knowing as i've started a new business with my brothers which will make money in the next year or 2 but at the moment we're subsidising!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    welshkev wrote:
    just found out there's redundancies happening next tuesday at my company..as there's only 11 of us who work here it's quite likely i might be one of them....

ars*!!
    That's a pi$$er Kev, but hopefully you'll get a payout. i've been 'done' twice in my career and both times walked into something better, maybe through luck but it's not something that bothers me any more.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kaise
    fingers crossed kev,

would you rather stay or walk away with a pay out and get a new job, maybe you wont have to work away from your family which must be a benefit!?
  • welshkev
    kaiser83 wrote:
    fingers crossed kev,

would you rather stay or walk away with a pay out and get a new job, maybe you wont have to work away from your family which must be a benefit!?

good question, i was planning on going to work freelance anyway but maybe not so soon. i'd like to have a good payout and i'll go happily :D

and yeah, not working away so much would be great :D
  • Kaise
    welshkev wrote:
    kaiser83 wrote:
    fingers crossed kev,

good question, i was planning on going to work freelance anyway but maybe not so soon. i'd like to have a good payout and i'll go happily :D

and yeah, not working away so much would be great :D

maybe his is a sign that going freelance now is the right time, i wont go back to a perm job unless i really have to, freelance is the way forward mate.

And if you use your bike to commute you can claim a tax allowance on mileage, the same as driving!
  • DIESELDOG wrote:

PS, anyone seen my battery charger? Just askin like...
    I'm pretty sure remote controls don't eat batteries that fast, exactly where are you using these batteries to be going through them at THAT rate woman? :oops: