Lactose free milk. (Smells)

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
My wife has just bought some lactose free milk to try as an alternative, but on opening it the blooding thing smells. Does anybody know if this is how its suppose to smell? Any lactose free drinkers out there?

Cheers, Tony.

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Tonymufc wrote:
    My wife has just bought some lactose free milk to try as an alternative, but on opening it the blooding thing smells. Does anybody know if this is how its suppose to smell? Any lactose free drinkers out there?

Cheers, Tony.
    It does smell very slightly but its only a faint smell and not offensive - def not as strong as normal "off" milk. I can't say I've noticed it before, but now you've asked I've just gone and smelt the one in the fridge. :D
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Cheers ANDS, fortunately it'll only be going in her tea/cereal and not mine. :wink:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    It's not mine, so I don't usuallly drink it but I have had it a few times and it tastes the same as normal milk to me. Maybe a little bit sweeter. Is it the LactoFree brand? They do yoghurt and cheese as well.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I've used LactoFree before and never really noticed any particularly strong smells. Prehaps you have a bad one?